PDA

View Full Version : Injector offsets and injector slopes....

Redline Motorsports
June 18th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I just got back from training at SCT facility in FLA as we are using there software to tune the Mustangs. During the training I started to wonder about Fords approach to injectors vs. GM. I mean we both use the same type of injectors......

Ford uses a few parameters that might be helpful in determining the characteristics of there injectors in which might be converted to GM.

They use a parameters like injector break point, hi slope, low slope and injector compensate battery voltage....

I know there has been a lot of debate over the Ford line of injectors and would think these guys know these injectors better then anyone.

Finally, 39.5 psi is what Ford rates there injectors at!

Howard

Bruce Melton
June 19th, 2006, 12:23 AM
I just got back from training at SCT facility in FLA as we are using there software to tune the Mustangs. During the training I started to wonder about Fords approach to injectors vs. GM. I mean we both use the same type of injectors......

Ford uses a few parameters that might be helpful in determining the characteristics of there injectors in which might be converted to GM.

They use a parameters like injector break point, hi slope, low slope and injector compensate battery voltage....

I know there has been a lot of debate over the Ford line of injectors and would think these guys know these injectors better then anyone.

Finally, 39.5 psi is what Ford rates there injectors at!

Howard

So can we develop a flow rate charts for the common 30,36 and 42 SVOs?

Redline Motorsports
June 19th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Thats what I am wondering. SCT's info is credible since they are a Ford software writer and have contacts with Ford that we don't. I am not sure how this data can be viewed in the GM eyes.

Both GM and Ford's software must take into consideration the dynamics of the Bosch injector so why should the information be usable.

Howard