PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Electric Fans on LQ4 Yukon

C10Racer
December 13th, 2017, 05:34 PM
I've installed electric fans on my LQ4 powered '02 Yukon Denali off a later Denali using the factory harness and am getting ready to PIN the ECU as per information available online; besides putting values into the tables for the fans do I need to do anything else to get the fans working? Thanks!

C10Racer
December 13th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Running the factory ECU btw, thanks.

Gordy M
December 14th, 2017, 03:51 AM
Looking through my old files, I found a 7 part step by step photo's of re-pinning the PCM.

C10Racer
December 14th, 2017, 04:38 AM
Looking through my old files, I found a 7 part step by step photo's of re-pinning the PCM.

Awesome, thanks! Thats much more detailed than what I'd found; I'm guessing don't have to worry about the any ECU mods save for adding the temps I want for the controller?

Gordy M
December 14th, 2017, 05:12 AM
That is what I did, set the temps to come on earlier, as I was towing max capacity in an Escalade. Also, keep three of the relays in the glove box, after about 40,000 miles one of mine went out and I was 200 miles from home and towing an enclosed trailer. Highway speeds was OK but going through Columbus, OH gave me high temps, pulled over and ate lunch to get them back to normal. Never left home after that without 3 spare relays.

Chevy366
December 14th, 2017, 11:00 AM
You can purchase a stock harness and stock fan setup that will fit in your factory fuse box and not have to worry about relays. The harness part numbers have changed so I don't have current harness number, if you can get an 05 VIN number a check GMPartsDirect it should have the harness number. I also have a DIY harness diagram for stock fans. I believe the harness was for fog lights, and it contained the fans as well had to separate the fan harness form the rest of the harness, comes with stock fuses, the module fits right under the fuse box in the factory space for it just put the pins in the Com and enable in tune. Harness has become expensive from what I saw a few years ago.

C10Racer
December 14th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I've got the factory harness out of an '06 Denali as well as all the fuse block bits; that is the easy part on this one. I'm more focused on the coding part!

Chevy366
December 15th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Enable fans by Series-Parallel, set temps. Done. Check = A/C>A/C Auto Recirculation>Fan #2 control No coding just parameters.

minytrker
December 18th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Just open a tune from a 2006 or 2007 truck and copy with labels all the fan settings and paste with labels the settings into your tune. Then adjust the temperatures if you dont want factory on/off settings.