PDA

View Full Version : Public Release #2 (Dec 2017)

Blacky
December 17th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_2_12.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing the Dec 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.16 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.12 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.129 (Nov 17, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.16_Setup.exe)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.12_Setup.exe)

Known Issues:
Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
Adding a key to the [Remote] section of a tune file is only active for the following controllers: LS1B, E38, E40, E54, E60 and E67.

Workaround:
None.
Support for additional controllers will be added in a future update.

Issue #4:
The E92 controller's serial number is not displayed correctly in the V7.5 software.

Workaround:
Use the V8 software to display the E92 controller's serial number.

Issue #5 (fixed in V2.2.12 - if you have already installed V8.2.11, use the "Check for Updates" option to update to V8.2.12):
Black Box options for Cummins HD DTCs are incorrectly active for existing non-HD applications. That can cause the "space required" for config files to exceed 100%.

Workaround:
Uncheck the "DTC Descriptions" in the "Heavy Duty (J1939) DTC Descriptions:" area of the [F5: BBX]->[F5: DTCs] tab page.
Or just update to V8.2.12

Issue #6 (fixed in V2.2.12 - if you have already installed V8.2.11, use the "Check for Updates" option to update to V8.2.12):
The "Failure Mode Indication (FMI) Descriptions" is disabled and cannot be unchecked from within the EFILive software.

Workaround:
Save the BBX options text file, edit the file using Notepad and at the end of the file change the "Active" value for the HD and HD_FMI entries to "N".
Or just update to V8.2.12

-

joecar
December 24th, 2017, 03:35 AM
In V8 S&T -> Devices

when you read the settings from FSV2, the Save button remains greyed out.

joecar
December 24th, 2017, 03:43 AM
SD card was formatted under V8 S&T -> BBX (Program->Format Config Filesystem), the folders Scan and Tune were created under the tree EFILive->V7;

In EFILive Explorer, under the Data Files tab, the tree view shows folders Scan and Tune under EFILive->V7;

when I drag a .ctz file from the upper pane (PC) to the lower pane (EFILive->V7->Tune), the following warning pops up (see pic), and the file is not copied;

( when I create folder Tune directly under EFILive, then I can drag/copy a .ctz file to it ok )

( drag/copy a log file to Scan folder under EFILive->V7 works ok )

clubby5000i
January 8th, 2018, 12:29 PM
OS 12673958 - I can't get any of the DMA pids to validate? Understand known issue #2, but I can't get them to validate to log in the first place? I have tested the latest update on 8 other E38's with different OS's, and the DMA pids work for them.

Cheers
Leppy

GMPX
January 8th, 2018, 03:06 PM
DMA PID's must be defined by EFILive PER OS for each ECM type. Unfortunately that one just hasn't been done which is why it will not validate.
Although that OS has been supported in the tune tool for a long time now I think we (I) just forgot to go back and do the DMA PID defs. Usually it is because it is actually quite a time consuming thing to do and other things get in the way.
I'll bump it up the list because that will probably be the last ever E38 OS ever released!

Cheers,
Ross

clubby5000i
January 8th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Hi Ross,
I've been a long time follower, lurking in the forums but not really contributing! Agree with your comments - just thought I would let you know. Always appreciate your hard work.

Cheers mate
Leppy

joecar
January 9th, 2018, 03:24 PM
SD card was formatted under V8 S&T -> BBX (Program->Format Config Filesystem), the folders Scan and Tune were created under the tree EFILive->V7;

In EFILive Explorer, under the Data Files tab, the tree view shows folders Scan and Tune under EFILive->V7;

when I drag a .ctz file from the upper pane (PC) to the lower pane (EFILive->V7->Tune), the following warning pops up (see pic), and the file is not copied;

( when I create folder Tune directly under EFILive, then I can drag/copy a .ctz file to it ok )

( drag/copy a log file to Scan folder under EFILive->V7 works ok )Ok, I got this sorted out by properly formatting the SD card (you do this from FSV2 LCD/keypad).

DieselMafialb7
January 12th, 2018, 04:53 AM
Just did this update now every vin has been erased on all my lml tunes in v7???? it just shows ??????????????? for a vin?

GMPX
January 12th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Someone else mentioned this, I don't think they are getting erased from the files (because V8 still shows the VIN ok), it is just V7 is not showing it correctly for some reason.

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 12th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Never Mind............different issue I had

staytuned
January 15th, 2018, 05:44 AM
Mine also shows all ???????? on my LML tunes. Updated one lap top and noticed this. other one was fine until update now that one as well shows the ??????'s on the vin in 7.5

30 RUM
January 20th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Mine also shows all ???????? on my LML tunes. Updated one lap top and noticed this. other one was fine until update now that one as well shows the ??????'s on the vin in 7.5

My editor shows the same thing. V8 is shows the correct Vin.

BTW, this was the first time I have ever used the update option in V8. Now I do not appear to have any of my old dashboards in V8? It is like the folder was wiped clean, and only have the supplied sample dash boards. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Sam

Schwanke Engines
January 24th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Did Update and Now for whatever reason I suddenly cannot connect to any LS1A PCM I have 4 here and have tried them all it will not read that they are even there. Please Help.

Blacky
January 24th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Did Update and Now for whatever reason I suddenly cannot connect to any LS1A PCM I have 4 here and have tried them all it will not read that they are even there. Please Help.

When you connect FlashScan to the controller do you see "VPW 01" in the lower right corner of FlashScan's screen? That indicates it has detected 1 module using the VPW protocol (as LS1A's do).
Is it just LS1A controllers or all controllers?
Is this with V7 or V8?
Can you save/send trace files to paul@efilive.com? https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912

Regards
Paul

Schwanke Engines
January 24th, 2018, 10:32 AM
When you connect FlashScan to the controller do you see "VPW 01" in the lower right corner of FlashScan's screen? That indicates it has detected 1 module using the VPW protocol (as LS1A's do).
Is it just LS1A controllers or all controllers?
Is this with V7 or V8?
Can you save/send trace files to paul@efilive.com? https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912

Regards
Paul

It's Both V7 and V8 and only LS1A PCM's I just deleted both versions and re downloaded and tried again, Flashed up 2 E38's without Issues, but LS1A's will not connect.

Blacky
January 24th, 2018, 10:43 AM
It's Both V7 and V8 and only LS1A PCM's I just deleted both versions and re downloaded and tried again, Flashed up 2 E38's without Issues, but LS1A's will not connect.

When you say LS1A "won't connect" what do you mean?

I just tried reading an LS1A with both V7 and V8 and it worked fine on both.
I couldn't use Auto-Detect in V8 but I just right-clicked on the grey "Engine Controller" area and selected LS1A manually prior to reading it.
In V7 there is no Auto-Detect, you must select LS1A manually anyway.

Regards
Paul

Schwanke Engines
January 24th, 2018, 11:00 AM
I almost always use V7.5 for everything since you cannot tune with V8. So I initially tried that, but it says that it has lost connection I tried with my Bench Harness and a complete engine harness on my Dyno neither works.

Blacky
January 24th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Can you locate the V7 trace file(s) in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug Reports
and send me all the files related to the LS1A attempts?

Regards
Paul

Schwanke Engines
January 24th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Well I take that back I just had an E38 randomly stop working in the middle of a Full Flash.

Blacky
January 24th, 2018, 01:11 PM
If you can send me the relevant trace Files thenI can try and figure out what the problem is.
Regards
Paul

Schwanke Engines
January 25th, 2018, 08:12 AM
I reloaded to a previous version and everything seems to be working fine now.

Blacky
January 25th, 2018, 08:27 AM
I reloaded to a previous version and everything seems to be working fine now.

It is possible that the USB drivers are causing the problems.

In the trace files that you sent the USB driver version that was being used was 02.12.26
When you reverted back to an older version of the software it may also have reverted back the USB drivers. Can you please run the EFILive V8 Control Panel and select the [F8: About] tab page and see what the current USB driver version is. If the driver has reverted back to an older version then that could explain the cause.

Another possible reason could be if you are using a laptop/PC with USB 3.0 sockets. In that case it may be necessary to switch of xHCI as described in this post:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23223-Please-Read-Windows-8-Users-(USB3-xHCI)

Regards
Paul

Schwanke Engines
January 25th, 2018, 08:48 AM
USB driver version is 02.12.26

required field
March 3rd, 2018, 07:01 PM
I just tried installing this latest version, and was getting "stream write error" messages popping up repeatedly.
I then uninstalled and tried a fresh install, after wiping the remainder of the EFILive folders in Program Files and Documents, but now it says "Cannot create file "C:\Users\<my username>\Documents\EFILive\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini". The system cannot find the path specified."

Any advice to resolve this? Windows 10 with the most current updates. Installing the old versions available on the site isn't doing the trick, either.

Blacky
March 4th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Locate the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune icon on your desktop. Hold down the Ctrl key on your PC keyboard and double click the icon. That should start EFILive in "startup-log" mode. It should create a log file called: \Documents\EFILive\Trace\EFILive_ScanAndTune_Start upLog.txt
View the contents of that file using Notepad, it may provide some more information about what might be causing the problem.

Other things to consider:
If your laptop is/was connected to a network when you installed the software and is no longer connected to a network then the "Documents" folder may not be where EFILive expects to find it.
If you may have multiple user accounts on your PC and you installed it via one user and are attempting to run it as a different user then the "Documents" folder may not be where EFILive expects to find it.

Regards
Paul

required field
March 6th, 2018, 05:20 AM
Paul, tried your suggestion, and the folder and log aren't created. The path in the error message is where my local documents folder is, and the software was installed as my current windows user. Any other suggestions?
After I clear the first dialog about the ini file, I get a bunch of "access violation" popups.

Blacky
March 6th, 2018, 05:25 AM
After you install the software there should be an installation log file created in the installation folder. So if you installed the application in C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8, then there should be a file called: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\InstallLog.txt

Take a look in that file (using Notepad) and see if you can see any errors that might point you in the direction of what went wrong. And/or send me that file to paul@efilive.com with a link to this thread so I know what it's about.

Regards
Paul

required field
March 11th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Paul, I'm not blocked, as I have an XP laptop that seems perfectly happy to install and run both V8 and V7 with the latest installers, but I'd like to verify you got my email with the installer logs.

Thanks!

Blacky
March 11th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Paul, I'm not blocked, as I have an XP laptop that seems perfectly happy to install and run both V8 and V7 with the latest installers, but I'd like to verify you got my email with the installer logs.

Thanks!

I did get the emails, thanks. I'm away from the office for an extended period but I have looked over the files and I also can't see any problems with the installation.

Regards
Paul

required field
March 12th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I did get the emails, thanks. I'm away from the office for an extended period but I have looked over the files and I also can't see any problems with the installation.

Regards
Paul

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes on this thread in case you have any further suggestions (such as command line options, debug output, whatever) that might help solve this one!