PDA

View Full Version : Can V1 scan individual cylinders for misfire?

RevGTO
December 28th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I've been out of the tuning game for some years (after getting my car nicely tuned). If so, how do you build the scan file?

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 01:37 AM
There are pids that indicate the per cylinder misfire counts, and these are loggable with V1 and V2 (and any advanced scanner)...

log at these pids:
GM.MFCYL1C
GM.MFCYL2C
GM.MFCYL3C
GM.MFCYL4C
GM.MFCYL5C
GM.MFCYL6C
GM.MFCYL7C
GM.MFCYL8C
GM.MFTOTAL

on the PIDs tab, select those pids (and the usual ones, SAE.RPM, SAE.MAP, SAE.MAF, GM.TP, GM.SPARKADV, ...),
within the PIDs tab click the Save Pids button (give it a filename),
then click the Connect button (green, upper left),
then click the Record button (red, bottom middle)...

when done logging, click the stop button (blue square, bottom middle), and save log to file.

RevGTO
December 29th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Thanks, Joe. Looking into it I did see those misfire pids and except for the total. And I might not have remembered to log some of the other basic data.

I haven't used EFILive in years except to swap a tune in and out of the car. Creating a pid selection file and it's all starting to come back to me now. Thanks again!

RevGTO
December 29th, 2017, 01:03 PM
This worked and I observed misfires on multiple cylinders. I'm trying to chase down this issue that has plagued the car since the rocker arms were replaced. Details are in this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/1888170-time-pull-head.html