PDA

View Full Version : LSA Silverado

kirklanc
December 28th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Howdy guys
I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3L 6L80 extended cab
I purchased a LSA supercharger Kit from Boost District.com
The installation went fine but I missed a vacuum port when I logged my first drive. This made a mess of the tuning from BBP.

This is where I am now. I sent the email to BBP but I wont hear from them at the earliest Tuesday, but their record will be Thursday when I message them on face book. I am tired of only weekly email from BBP at this rate I may be able to tow by next summer. I want to go camping in 2 weeks pulling a 7500 pound travel trailer.
Can someone look at my latest log file to see what is going on? I have been hunting a vacuum leak but nothing.

I used starter fluid and propane to try and find this vacuum leak but nothing.
I disconnected the PCV and EVAP and Brake Booster and Bypass Vacuum actuator.
I used a vacuum gauge and checked the Brake Booster, Evap Valve, and Bypass actuator. no leaks.
The horrible hesitation just off idle while trying to rev the engine is still there.
The horrible stumble leaving from a stop when cold is still there.
I used a vacuum pump the keep the bypass open and it still had a hard time revving lightly.
I connected the bypass actuator and brake booster plugged all other vacuum ports leaving the PCV and Evap disconnected and drove to work
1 time it pulled nice and hard
On the way home from work it ran like poorly. The wideband was bouncing back and forth pegging lean then rich. cruising was mostly ok.

Tomorrow Rosh from boost district is going to check my installation for proper vacuum hose routing.

Stock Truck MAF with IAT break out to LSA IAT
LSA MAP
LSA injectors
No Secondary LSA barometer /MAP sensor
Not using the Air Temp Sensor on the front is the blower
91 octane
I cannot find info on the ECM pin to connect the wide band O2 sensor output to

LSA Silverado Photo Album (https://photos.app.goo.gl/wUdbf6bijI7QLuJG2) The newest photo's are on the bottom
Thanks in advance

I have sOOOO many questions if this is a good place to ask?

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Try using smoke to detect the air leak (if you don't have a smoke leak detector, get creative, find a way of sucking in cigar smoke, and then pumping it into the intake manifold, watch to see where it exits).

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 01:43 AM
Yes ask here...

did you correctly populate all the injector tables...?

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 01:44 AM
You're getting mail-tuned by BBP...?

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 01:47 AM
In your pics I see intake manifold adapter plates, please explain...!?

statesman
December 29th, 2017, 03:25 AM
I want to go camping in 2 weeks pulling a 7500 pound travel trailer.

Good luck with that.

Can someone look at my latest log file to see what is going on? I have been hunting a vacuum leak but nothing.

I've had a look at your log file... and what's going on is that your tip-ins are incredibly lean. If you continue to run 16+ AFRs going into boost then... if you're lucky you'll just fry your valves or if you're not so lucky you'll blow holes in your pistons. Even when your AFRs eventually do go down, your narrowbands are still only going to around 850, that's not rich enough. Stop looking for vacuum leaks and start giving the engine the fuel it needs.

kirklanc
December 29th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Try using smoke to detect the air leak (if you don't have a smoke leak detector, get creative, find a way of sucking in cigar smoke, and then pumping it into the intake manifold, watch to see where it exits).

I have a small smoker but not enough to fill the intake. I can try on the outside.

Yes ask here...

I don't have access to the tune files, locked out.

Yes, Email. The Holidays are slowing things down communicating with BBP and before it was 1 email a week.

My truck has cathedral port heads, the LSA are square port. the adapters mate the 2.

Good luck with that.

I've had a look at your log file... and what's going on is that your tip-ins are incredibly lean. If you continue to run 16+ AFRs going into boost then... if you're lucky you'll just fry your valves or if you're not so lucky you'll blow holes in your pistons. Even when your AFRs eventually do go down, your narrowbands are still only going to around 850, that's not rich enough. Stop looking for vacuum leaks and start giving the engine the fuel it needs.

Statesman

Thank you, I will forward this info to BBP

I need to find a tuner here in Phoenix that can get thier hands on the truck and tune it for me. If BBP cant do it, and I have to leaks then I wasted $500 on BBP and will have to spend another $800- 1K to get it done locally. I was thinking Chuck's Speed and Marine since they understand RV and Towing not just Racing. Any Recommendations?

Thanks all you for your input.

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 08:05 AM
So you replaced the LS3 heads with LS1/6 style heads...?

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 08:06 AM
MAF appears to be under-reporting.

kirklanc
December 29th, 2017, 08:38 AM
So you replaced the LS3 heads with LS1/6 style heads...?No, stock truck heads are cathedral port
The LSA is square port.
The adapter match them together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kirklanc
December 29th, 2017, 03:52 PM

We had a bit of email flurry with BBP and he asked about the size of the pipe of the CAI 3.5" I had told them all about the truck when I dropped my cash with them. If they are just now asking about the intake pipe I am hopping things get worked out quick. I want to go camping soon.

So today I took more time to remove the lid and check the torque on the super charger, 2 bolts were maybe 1/8 turn loose but that is all. I dropped a camera down the runners and things look ok.

Thank you !

kirklanc
December 29th, 2017, 03:56 PM

I have a small smoker but not enough to fill the intake. I can try on the outside.

Yes ask here...

I don't have access to the tune files, locked out.

Yes, Email. The Holidays are slowing things down communicating with BBP and before it was 1 email a week.

My truck has cathedral port heads, the LSA are square port. the adapters mate the 2.

Good luck with that.

Statesman

Thank you, I will forward this info to BBP

I need to find a tuner here in Phoenix that can get thier hands on the truck and tune it for me. If BBP cant do it, and I have to leaks then I wasted $500 on BBP and will have to spend another $800- 1K to get it done locally. I was thinking Chuck's Speed and Marine since they understand RV and Towing not just Racing. Any Recommendations?

Thanks all you for your input.

kirklanc
November 6th, 2018, 08:54 PM

how so? vacuum leak? wrong MAF sensor?

kirklanc
November 6th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Help on a 2012 Silverado 5.3l LSA supercharger. (used to be flex fuel) fault codes. P219a.
I thought I fixed this with a leaky vacuumed cap on the right side of snout.
Only thing I can figure is loose mount bolts for LSA or lid, evap solinoid or catch can PVC.
This truck always had a cold tip off idle stumble lean. Goes away when warm. Tuner blames fuel puddling on the head adapter plates.

Current Fault Log
------------------
P219a
Historic Fault Log
------------------
P1101:

If anyone can offer insights I can provide the efi live log files.

Injectors are stock LSA.

Thanks.

joecar
November 9th, 2018, 07:13 AM
how so? vacuum leak? wrong MAF sensor?If MAF is not dirty, then MAF table may need to be edited.

joecar
November 9th, 2018, 07:16 AM
P219A = Bank 1 Air/Fuel Ratio Imbalance
P1101 = Mass Airflow Sensor Self Test Out of Range

first one could be due to exhaust leak.

kirklanc
November 9th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Thank you
I'll ask the tuner to check
Definitely no exhaust leak.
Snow performance thought the meth injection may be coming on too soon. So I adjusted it and all is fine so far. But it can take a week to pop up

1FastBrick
November 11th, 2018, 01:15 AM
Help on a 2012 Silverado 5.3l LSA supercharger. (used to be flex fuel) fault codes. P219a.
I thought I fixed this with a leaky vacuumed cap on the right side of snout.
Only thing I can figure is loose mount bolts for LSA or lid, evap solinoid or catch can PVC.
This truck always had a cold tip off idle stumble lean. Goes away when warm. Tuner blames fuel puddling on the head adapter plates.

Current Fault Log
------------------
P219a
Historic Fault Log
------------------
P1101:

If anyone can offer insights I can provide the efi live log files.

Injectors are stock LSA.

Thanks.

Your tuner is correct about the fuel puddling issue with the adapters. You will never be able to fix the lean tip in on this set up. It is a common issue with with the adapters on this set up. I know someone that has access to the OEM software capabilities that can see all the missing factory tables. Even after finding those missing tables and populating those tables, He could never fix the issue. He finally gave up, sold the cathedral heads and adapters and used the correct heads.

You would either need to swap to the rectangle port heads or sell the LSA set up and get something like a magnuson TVS1900

kirklanc
November 11th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Can you suggest a good set of heads for this setup? For the maximum under the curve towing power. Torque. I am planning a did afm delete and that requires head removal, so while I am there may as well swap the lifters cam and heads. And headers.

I think I found my problem on this code. Snow performance had me daily the meth injection up so it comes in a little latter.

1FastBrick
November 11th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Go with the factory rectangle ports and ditch the spacers.

Look on summit 12675872 are factory LSA heads $561.37 Each and there complete

kirklanc
November 11th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Go with the factory rectangle ports and ditch the spacers.

Look on summit 12675872 are factory LSA heads $561.37 Each and there complete

I was told the 6.0 6.2 heads won't work on my 5.3 due to the bore size. Is that true?

joecar
November 11th, 2018, 11:44 AM
I was told the 6.0 6.2 heads won't work on my 5.3 due to the bore size. Is that true?
They would bolt on to your block fine (reduces compression ratio a little), but your intake manifold will not bolt on (rectangle vs cathedral).

1FastBrick
November 11th, 2018, 10:03 PM

I am not sure on the smaller bore of the 5.3L

They would bolt on to your block fine (reduces compression ratio a little), but your intake manifold will not bolt on (rectangle vs cathedral). Joecar, He has an LSA blower with rectangle ports. The rectangle to cathedral adapter's cause a lean tip in issue due to fuel puddling that can not be resolved in the tuning.