PDA

View Full Version : EFILive AutoVE Tutorial & 1998

eboggs_jkvl
June 19th, 2006, 07:36 AM
I have it in hand! I am reading it! It does not mention 1998 PCMS in the process. Is there something I should be doing different?

I know I have a VE table and a backup VE table. If I update the VE and copy whatever I've done to the backup is that it? A little guidance would be appreciated.

I also have the Innovate LC1 in my location so I hope to be doing SD Tuning within the week.

TIA,

Elmer

foff667
June 19th, 2006, 07:53 AM
when your in SD the secondary VE is active so you make your changes to the primary, but copy/paste the lines to the secondary.

eboggs_jkvl
June 19th, 2006, 08:09 AM
when your in SD the secondary VE is active so you make your changes to the primary, but copy/paste the lines to the secondary.

Thank you kind sir. I think I'm on a roll now.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
June 19th, 2006, 12:28 PM
After I set up the tuning file for the speed density information, it says:

17. Save this tune and perform a calibration only reflash of this file into your PCM.

Is this action different than selecting "Flash", "Program PCM Calibrations"?

My read is to simply flash the SD tune into the PCM.

joecar
June 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
After I set up the tuning file for the speed density information, it says:

17. Save this tune and perform a calibration only reflash of this file into your PCM.

Is this action different than selecting "Flash", "Program PCM Calibrations"?

My read is to simply flash the SD tune into the PCM.
That's the one, it writes the calibration only (whereas the other one also writes the OS);

Edit:
if you look at their button icons, one has a narrow bent arrow (calibration only),
and the other one has a wide straight arrow (cal+os).

eboggs_jkvl
June 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Got it. As I have the 98, I can't do much on the OS side of the house and the "calibration only" is the one I normally use.

Thanks,

Elmer