PDA

View Full Version : E38 OS12658778 Keep pulling timing

Eng.LSX
January 19th, 2018, 11:07 AM
I had this car that keep pulling timing no matter what , it won't go over 13 degree @ wot , I never seen such a thing .

It happens when I turn off the whole tq management or change any parameter regarding the timing .

With the stock tune it goes 18-22 degree @wot easily .

I have attached stock and tuned file .

Thanks

LastCall
January 19th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Is this a Chevy SS sedan?

Eng.LSX
January 19th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Is this a Chevy SS sedan?

Yes

LastCall
January 19th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Yes

I had the exact problem on a 2016 SS sedan today. Timing was a bit higher at 16, but it would not go up no matter what I did.

I think there is an undefined table (max timing maybe?) or torque management pulling timing. Even happened with the stock tune. Should have logged the TM PIDs.

Eng.LSX
January 19th, 2018, 11:41 AM
I had the exact problem on a 2016 SS sedan today. Timing was a bit higher at 16, but it would not go up no matter what I did.

I think there is an undefined table (max timing maybe?) or torque management pulling timing. Even happened with the stock tune. Never seen anything like this before.

I think the file gets corrupted with changed parameters but it's definitely the tq management that is pulling , I will get the last update and try again .

LastCall
January 19th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I think the file gets corrupted with changed parameters but it's definitely the tq management that is pulling , I will get the last update and try again .

When I flashed the stock tune in, the timing was nearly the same. I should have logged the TM PIDs. Did you log any of them by chance?

LastCall
January 20th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Any luck?

Eng.LSX
January 20th, 2018, 06:35 PM
When I flashed the stock tune in, the timing was nearly the same. I should have logged the TM PIDs. Did you log any of them by chance?

Unfortunately , I didn't log TM but in my case the stock tune made more timing .

Quick update : turned the cat protection on and added 2 degrees to the whole timing table and it worked , otherwise if I change any other table in the timing it pulls .

LastCall
January 20th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately , I didn't log TM but in my case the stock tune made more timing .

Quick update : turned the cat protection on and added 2 degrees to the whole timing table and it worked , otherwise if I change any other table in the timing it pulls .

Interesting.. do you mind posting the tune where you were able to add in the 2 degrees? Did you turn on the cat protection just to see if that affected anything or...?