PDA

View Full Version : LML Table Update Jan 2018

cindy@efilive
January 22nd, 2018, 08:45 AM
Hi All,

Our Gas developer has spent some time working on E86 for us. We are now ready to release these as BETA files. Feedback will determine if/when they are added to public release software.

To use these files, you must be running the December public release, then download the calz files and save them into the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E86 directory.

The changes made include;

Injection timing related tables....
B1822
B1825
B3041,B3044
B3047
B3050
B3157
B3314-B3359
B3362-B3416
B3041
B3103-B3154
B3203-B3254
B3257-B3311
B1828-B1897
B3002-B3008
B3011-B3017
B3020-B3038
B1618-1661

Fuel pressure related....

B1983, B1986, B1988, B1990
B1992, B1993

Boost related....

B1004, B1007, B1009, B1010, B1011, B1013, B1015,B1018

Cheers

The EFILive Development Team

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 22nd, 2018, 11:23 AM
Thank you

rcr1978
January 22nd, 2018, 01:42 PM
Thanks! :jump:

GMPX
January 22nd, 2018, 03:05 PM
Please note, I did not have anything to do with these enhancements, if there is issues then post in here so they can be passed on to the correct person.

Thanks.
Ross

cindy@efilive
January 30th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Beta files have been available for over a week now. Do any of you have any feedback?

Cheers
Cindy

rcr1978
February 3rd, 2018, 04:54 AM
The only ones I have messed with so far are B1013, B1015, and B1009. I have been using B1009 for a while with a CAX and it works fairly well not sure it's the right way of going about it but it works. Tried B1013 & B1015 on my own truck with B1009 set to stock as a test and the turbo is still a lazy turd, when B1013 & B1015 are used with the B1009 it seems to be a little more responsive. I also sent a friend with a set of twins a new tune with B1013 & B1015 maxed in hopes to help his hold a little boost while pulling, his normally opens the vains all the way cruising on flats sometimes and hills a lot unless B1009 is adjusted like set to min of 20-25, I wont here back from him for a few days.
I still think there is something missing from the boost control I'm not for sure if it's a Lamda commanded issue or the actual boost control it's self. It seems the vains always want to go to 0 (unless B1009 is adjusted) when you let off the throttle and floor it then they work there way slowly to maintain commanded boost and without lots of adjustments to the other tables it won't even make the commanded boost most times. If you ease into the throttle and then floor it the boost control seems to be more responsive.

The older trucks that had the min/max and desired vain position tables sure made life easier.

rcr1978
February 4th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Heard back from friend with the twins 475 over stock VGT B1013 & B1015 made a huge difference on his truck so those are good :thumb_yello:

DieselMafialb7
February 22nd, 2018, 03:07 PM
Just found this lol going to test these on my 16 see if it finally helps me with the timing not doing what I want

DieselMafialb7
February 22nd, 2018, 03:10 PM
did this add the post injection tables to??

rcr1978
February 22nd, 2018, 03:33 PM
Yeah but I haven't touched them yet, there is some quantity for mode 1&2 post injection to but I can't remember if they are new. Edit: yup all the post stuff is new

DieselMafialb7
February 22nd, 2018, 03:37 PM
what did you do to tables b1013 b1015 and b1009?

engr7581
February 27th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Hi Cindy

The below comments are pertaining to the recent tables added. I hope it helps.

In closed loop Modes 0-6 there are 4 ADDITIONAL tables that are responsible for turbo Max positions. They are 10 x 10 tables

There is, in addition an overall Min VGT actuator position table that compares Vref 0-26 volts to ECT in addition to the table that is already mapped by EFI Live. It is a 16 x 16 table

I have added those in via .cax awhile back after figuring out how to get them imported (what a pain)

I can fully control any VGT turbo/compound set up put on one of these trucks with the above.

Let me know and I can send the hex addresses or whatever you want for those to be added in, or let me know the appropriate route to get it done.

Under Injection Quantity/Post injection1/ The values are correct but the labeling is wrong as it is listed as "timing", they should be mm3 values.

Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 28th, 2018, 03:45 AM
Great Info !!!

Unfortunately, there is a lot more than just those 4 or 5 tables, and this is not a slight at anyone either, its great that others are digging into hex and mapping..............:good:

In the 2011 OS there are 4 Vane Max tables, in the 12-16 there are IIRC 11 instead, and in addition to all these 11 there are many other tables for vane position on a cold start, vane max position at idle, vane % add on vs ect, there are also single address tables for max vane % as well, there is a lot of stuff that is in that hex code.

After 4 years of searching thru the hex and constantly testing these added tables, these are some of the missing tables in this screenshot.

There are a few fuel pressure tables and a host of other stuff that helps out on CP3 conversion, dual fuelers such as the valve on the fuel rail,

Again, what EFI-Live has provided is awesome, and for 90% of everyone its what is needed, but once you get into a non-stock truck, twins, CP3's these extra tables make it a lot easier and a lot better to control the turbos and fuel systems.

rcr1978
February 28th, 2018, 03:54 AM
Awesome thanks to anyone that helps out on these, maybe it will get a little more attention now that the future of GM products is not looking so good :frown:.

GMPX
February 28th, 2018, 10:03 AM
maybe it will get a little more attention now.
The update took months, still not good enough? :confused:

rcr1978
February 28th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Not saying what we have is not good enough, without you guys there would very little to no tuning support for these and thanks for everything you have done. This ecm is just a pain and I bet Tony with all his time working with the hex editor it still isn't good enough for him either, I'm sure he's found enough to get by and stay ahead of the game compared to the majority of commercial sellers.

With the future of tuning likely going away are you guys just going to stop development of current controllers or wouldn't it make sense to revisit the problem ones? This is all I'm getting at and not trying to be unappreciative of what we have.

cindy@efilive
February 28th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Not saying what we have is not good enough, without you guys there would very little to no tuning support for these and thanks for everything you have done. This ecm is just a pain and I bet Tony with all his time working with the hex editor it still isn't good enough for him either, I'm sure he's found enough to get by and stay ahead of the game compared to the majority of commercial sellers.

With the future of tuning likely going away are you guys just going to stop development of current controllers or wouldn't it make sense to revisit the problem ones? This is all I'm getting at and not trying to be unappreciative of what we have.

We continue to move forward and be innovative. Our development schedule is presently beyond the capacity of our 2 programmers for the next 12 months. While things don't look great for GM ATM, the future is looking very bright for EFILive.

Cheers
Cindy

DieselMafialb7
February 28th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Hi Cindy

In closed loop Modes 0-6 there are 4 ADDITIONAL tables that are responsible for turbo Max positions. They are 10 x 10 tables

There is, in addition an overall Min VGT actuator position table that compares Vref 0-26 volts to ECT in addition to the table that is already mapped by EFI Live. It is a 16 x 16 table

I have added those in via .cax awhile back after figuring out how to get them imported (what a pain)

I can fully control any VGT turbo/compound set up put on one of these trucks with the above.

Let me know and I can send the hex addresses or whatever you want for those to be added in, or let me know the appropriate route to get it done.

Under Injection Quantity/Post injection1/ The values are correct but the labeling is wrong as it is listed as "timing", they should be mm3 values.

Thanks

How are you importing them you can pm me if you like

DieselMafialb7
February 28th, 2018, 01:26 PM
We continue to move forward and be innovative. Our development schedule is presently beyond the capacity of our 2 programmers for the next 12 months. While things don't look great for GM ATM, the future is looking very bright for EFILive.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy are you guys looking into ford 6.7s at all?

GMPX
February 28th, 2018, 03:48 PM
I can answer that and the answer is no sorry, it is doubtful any new light or medium duty Diesel vehicles will ever be added to the software.

Road
February 28th, 2018, 11:14 PM
I can answer that and the answer is no sorry, it is doubtful any new light or medium duty Diesel vehicles will ever be added to the software.
Imagine living in a world where all Ford owners bragging about being tuned with EFI Live. Could even stir the pot a little and offer FSP5......:hihi::hihi::hihi:

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 1st, 2018, 01:14 AM
How are you importing them you can pm me if you like

The editor supports a CAX file, which is simply a notepad file that specifically names a missing/new table, its absolute hex/binary address, the proper factor, proper offset, precision to be displayed, and it loads the missing/added tables into the editor when the .ctz or .tun file opens up after loading the .calz.

There is nothing to import, all of it is there, its just hiding, not yet mapped by the calibrators at EFI-LIVE, but the tables are all in there, you just have to be willing to spend enormous amounts of your time looking and looking, map it an test it.

I get asked all the time to offer help, give away addresses I have found, I just won't, its too hard to find this stuff, and nothing in life is free.

What Ross and others do is not easy, I used to give Ross hell for missing tables, then once I understood what he and others have to go thru to even map any ecu my respect for him went up 1000x's.............now I don't even ask, I just look and look myself, after 4 years its paid off.

Unless someone gives you a map, the treasure map, and then even with the map, you still have to know what to do with it, its not easy, not at all.

Right now I am testing A50/T87 tables for Main Line Solenoid/Pressure Controls, so I am hopeful I will have the same success with that as I have had with the LML/LGH Code

cindy@efilive
March 1st, 2018, 12:59 PM
Hi Cindy

Thanks

You can either email me the hex addresses or the *.cax file if you like. My email address is cindy@efilive.com

Cheers
Cindy