PDA

View Full Version : which LS1B pcm to order??

Boost
January 23rd, 2018, 02:21 AM
I need a new PCM for my '01 Z28 m6. GMPartsdirect has the 0411 for vette cheaper than the 4896 that's specific to my car. Which is better please??? I don't mind the price difference but I want the best, car is stock and will get serious bolt ons in the future. Software tuned regularly. I thought all LS1B pcms are the same but I hear the 411 talked about often...?2179321794

ScarabEpic22
January 23rd, 2018, 05:18 AM
For that car, any 99-02 512kb PCM will work. Since you dont have a Vette or SUV with DBW, all of those year PCMs works just fine. Use the 02 OS when you swap it out so you can run COS5 without rebuilding your tune.

Also dang that's expensive for a PCM! Do you want to only get a new one, I'm betting you could find a used one much cheaper than that.

GMPX
January 23rd, 2018, 11:17 AM
I remember in the LS1 hey days you could pick those PCM's up for $25 ea from wrecking yards, I guess they are probably starting to become a little more scarce.

SS2win
January 23rd, 2018, 01:02 PM
Well that's cheaper than I though they'd be for brand new... ebay has them for under 30 bux if you don't have to have *new*

Boost
January 23rd, 2018, 02:05 PM
Thank you much for your reply Erik! (also you guys). I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a '02 vette one, (411) sounds like I MASSIVELY overpaid but was desperate...

It's reman of course. So not "new"

In any case I learned and hopefully it will fix my awful issue

Thank you especially for the OS/COS info

ScarabEpic22
January 23rd, 2018, 03:48 PM
Thank you much for your reply Erik! (also you guys). I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a '02 vette one, (411) sounds like I MASSIVELY overpaid but was desperate...

It's reman of course. So not "new"

In any case I learned and hopefully it will fix my awful issue

Thank you especially for the OS/COS info

No problem and good luck getting it back on the road sans electrical issues!

Make sure you full that PCM with a 02 Camaro/Trans Am OS for a 6MT and make sure it's setup for DBC not DBW.

I grabbed both a 512kb and 1MB LS1B PCM for less than $40ea, probably about 6 years ago. Crazy how times change, but it makes sense considering these PCMs are pushing 19 years old for the original 99 LS1B.