PDA

View Full Version : Logging FPR through EGR.

Burnett03
January 29th, 2018, 03:06 PM
I followed the instructions to log FPR through my egr on my LS1B (05 silverado) I have adjusted the calc.pids as shown in the tutorial. I just save the file back in the same folder with the same name correct? Does it look right? Thanks for your time.

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------
PSI Imperial PSI "Pounds Per Square Inch"

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------
*CLC-00-001
PSI 0.00 100.00 .2 "({GM.EGRS}*25)-12.5"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System

joecar
February 1st, 2018, 09:50 PM
Yes, save the file in the same folder.

BUT: your file as you posted above is not complete... after the last line ("# Code PRN SLOT Units System") you should have a line like this:

CALC.FPR F001 CLC-00-001 PSI Fueling "Fuel Rail Pressure"

BTW: psi (lower case) is already defined, so you can skip defining PSI, and just use psi (lower case).

NOTE: after the CALC.FPR line, you should leave at least 2 blank lines (i.e. hit ENTER twice) before saving the file.

ALSO: .1 precision is maybe more suitable than .2 (e.g. 58.0 psi vs 58.00 psi).

ALSO: do you want FPR in kPa...?

joecar
February 1st, 2018, 09:55 PM
If you want FPR in kPa also...

*CLC-00-001
psi 0.0 100.0 .1 "{GM.EGRS}*25-12.5"
kPa 0.0 700.0 .1 "{CALC.FPR.psi}*6.895"

. . .

CALC.FPR F001 CLC-00-001 "psi,kPa" Fueling "Fuel Rail Pressure"

Burnett03
February 2nd, 2018, 05:23 AM
Thank you. I tried to avoid asking simple questions on the forum but i'm trying my best to learn everything. I've spent hours reading through this forum trying to learn. I don't really need to read kpa, PSI should be ok. Just want to make sure fuel pressure rises along with the boost.

joecar
February 2nd, 2018, 05:39 AM
Feel free to ask (if you don't understand something, it's always better to ask).

Please make sure you have at least two blank lines at the end of your calc_pids.txt file.

joecar
February 2nd, 2018, 05:40 AM
Also, do this:

remove the FPR manifold-reference hose, and measure rail pressure... this is your base pressure.

( and then remember to reconnect the manifold reference hose )