PDA

View Full Version : LS3/l92 conversion help PLEASE!

bstuder11
February 3rd, 2018, 07:32 PM
So I have a 2004 Silverado 2500 HD and I have swapped out the LQ4 and replaced it with an L92 engine. Everything went pretty well and it is running pretty good however the new engine has VVT on it and of course my LS1b controller does not control VVT. My question is what do I need to do in my tune In order for me to get the best performance out of this engine without having VVT operational until I Half time to remove the VVT components? I am not real sure how the VVT even works yet as I have done no research on it really but when it would not start very easy earlier I noticed that it was showing 0 21808

joecar
February 5th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Requires that the cam phaser be disabled and/or removed... I'm not sure of the details.

joecar
February 5th, 2018, 08:37 AM
You might be able to disable the cam phaser from the tune... but I think it is better if it is physically disabled/removed... let me see if I can find more info.

bstuder11
February 5th, 2018, 09:21 AM
You might be able to disable the cam phaser from the tune... but I think it is better if it is physically disabled/removed... let me see if I can find more info.

Yes you can and I have disabled the VVT on vehicles that run the controllers that can operate the VVT but in this one there