PDA

View Full Version : Mustang PowerDyne Software with EFILive

GM-Josh
February 8th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Question, not to sure if this is a good location for this thread but anyhow. Does anyone use their mustang dyno and powerdyne software with EFILive? There's an option to direct connect to EFILive, just have a few question around setting it up. Using the OBDII splitter with my dyno and efilive is useless.

Thanks in advanced:cheers:

GMPX
February 8th, 2018, 10:06 AM
You can't have two scantools running on the same OBD-II plug (eg the Dyno PC and EFILive talking at the same time to the car).
For EFILive to work alongside a compatible dyno PC the connections are made to the V2 serial port instead. I'm sorry I don't know if that dyno is supported to do this.

GM-Josh
February 8th, 2018, 10:21 AM
I don't use the splitter at all. For diesel I use the OBD-II plug to pull rpm, or use the optical pick-up if data-logging. The powerdyne PC has the EFILive otion in the menu, never noticed it until now. Was curious does it work with the Efilive scan tool while hooked to the serial com port with the powerdyne pc software running? looks as if it uses RPM from the EFIlive software only, not 100% sure will try using it at the end of the day.

GM-Josh
March 8th, 2018, 06:30 AM
If there's anyone on here that uses a Mustang Dyno and software, I have a few questions on some parameters. Can email me at jf36@live.ca or call me I will gladly pay for any long distance phone fees. It would be nice to have someone to talk to about technical topics or work flow, calibrations all that. I have had lots of training in class, books and real world testing, only been operating a dyno for 2 years won't sit here and say I know everything. Just don't know many other operators willing to go back fourth with.

Thank you,

:cheers:

MobileProg
April 5th, 2018, 01:01 PM
The DYNO option is missing from V2 Firmware for some time now. Would be nice to have it back.

Blacky
April 6th, 2018, 11:21 AM
The DYNO option is missing from V2 Firmware for some time now. Would be nice to have it back.

In the F4->F1-F1 "Edit Settings" option, set "COM Port" to "External" which means Dyno or other external data logger.

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
April 14th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Was having this issue as well. After contacting Mustang, they said EFILive was to difficult to work with, so they dropped the project and moved on.

:fluffy:

GMPX
April 15th, 2018, 10:36 AM
^^ lol ^^