PDA

View Full Version : Dead Flash Scan V2

Hib Halverson
February 17th, 2018, 06:41 AM
My Flash Scan V2 had a hardware faliure...a pin in the USB socket broke.

How does one obtain just the FS V2 device?

Also, there's a sticker on the device that says the warranty if void if the sticker is removed. How long is the warranty?

Blacky
February 18th, 2018, 03:44 PM
My Flash Scan V2 had a hardware faliure...a pin in the USB socket broke.

How does one obtain just the FS V2 device?

Also, there's a sticker on the device that says the warranty if void if the sticker is removed. How long is the warranty?

Warranty is 12 months from the date of purchase.
Contact SoCal Diesel if you're in the US, http://www.efilive.com/distributors
otherwise contact support@eflive.com

Regards
Paul

Hib Halverson
February 19th, 2018, 05:52 AM
Warranty is 12 months from the date of purchase.
Contact SoCal Diesel if you're in the US, http://www.efilive.com/distributors
otherwise contact support@eflive.com

Regards
Paul

Ok. I'm out of warranty. What the device needs is a new USB type B female connector. Since the unit is dead now, I, first want to try and put a new connector of its PC board.

Let me ask you, Paul...on various other devices (two different printers we have around here and HPTuners MVPI) I see USB type 2 female connectors which a plastic "pin" in the center which supports the four contacts. The Flash Scan V2 has a connector whose contacts are unsupported. Why do you use a part like that? Seems to me the other kind of connector with the plastic "pin" is much more durable.

Hib Halverson
February 19th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Picked-up a USB Type B female at a local supply house, soldered it on the PC Board and I'm back in action.

Blacky
February 19th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Picked-up a USB Type B female at a local supply house, soldered it on the PC Board and I'm back in action.

Glad it's back working again. I'm not sure why the designers used a USB socket that does not have a plastic locating pin. I'll see if I can find out :)
Regards
Paul