PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me the relationship between the a/c tables?

thunder550
June 20th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Wondering what the different tables do and what their relationship is. I think I understand what ramp in and ramp out rates are, but don't really understand the torque loss tables, the difference between the two, and their relationship to the ramp in/ramp out tables. Can someone explain?

thunder550
June 21st, 2006, 07:44 AM
Come on guys, I'm not asking how to tune them, I saw another post about that, I'm just asking if someone can explain what they do it plain english. I don't really understand the descriptions given in the EFILive software.

dfe1
June 21st, 2006, 03:26 PM
Turning on the A/C obviously increases the load on an engine. If there was no compensation, idle speed would drop. The Torque Loss table provides a means of calibrating the amount of torque required to drive the A/C compressor. These values are then used to establish the amount of additional air flow required to maintain the desired idle speed. Depending on the operating system and original calibration engineer G0108, G0109 or a combination of both may be used. Since inlet air temp affects power output, you can use G0109 only and leave G0108 all zeros, as is done in some systems. In the old days, the systems used a single entry to bump idle speed a given amount when the a/c was turned on. This is a more sophisticated approach.

thunder550
June 22nd, 2006, 02:28 AM
Ok so basically the torque loss tables tell the IAC how much to open and the ramp in/ramp out tables tell it how fast to open?

dfe1
June 22nd, 2006, 04:21 AM
Ok so basically the torque loss tables tell the IAC how much to open and the ramp in/ramp out tables tell it how fast to open?
That's correct. However, please note that even the fastest ramp-in/ramp-out speeds will not help ETs and your quest for the 12s.

thunder550
June 22nd, 2006, 07:52 AM
That's correct. However, please note that even the fastest ramp-in/ramp-out speeds will not help ETs and your quest for the 12s.

Maybe not, but the dancing banana will

:banana:

If I pair it with a dancing cucumber I might hit 11's. :banana::cucumber:

Thanks for the clarification!

joecar
June 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
Stay away from the green cuke, it's misfiring.

thunder550
June 22nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Stay away from the green cuke, it's misfiring.

He stopped moving altogether on my screen :rippedhand:

Oh well, two bananas are better than one

:banana::banana:

Garry
June 23rd, 2006, 06:55 AM
The cucumber is out of sync ... :)