PDA

View Full Version : Beta Test Release #2 (Feb 2018)

Blacky
February 19th, 2018, 05:09 PM
ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE

We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

The current public release is available here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?28154-Current-Public-Release-2-(Dec-2017)).

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_2_14.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing the Dec 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.18 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.14 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.131 (Feb 13, 2018) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.18_Beta_02_Setup.exe)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.14_Beta_02_Setup.exe)

Known Issues:
Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
Flashing a Cummins HD ECM that has had a master password set via Insite will fail with error $0101 right at the start. If the ECM is already in bootmode the ECM erase will fail.

Workaround:

Remove the password and / or recover using Insite, EFILive cannot do this to password protected ECM's yet.

69camaro5speed
February 21st, 2018, 03:29 PM
ok one thing to think about after struggles with hidden power shut down settings in my device manager (trying to shut my computer off after 4 hrs)
I have found if you have a computer shut off unexpected it will not start back where it left off when you hit the restart button.
If I shut it down it seem to work with the restart button not sure there is a fix for this.

After getting my computer going I was at 18xxx tries in around 55hrs when I turned my power strip off from habit working late and had to start over at 550 where I had done a manual shut off before.
There may not be a fix for this if not I am still very happy to be testing this, it is like you where reading my mind when you came up with this idea I am very grateful
for what efilive has done now or in the past.
I have limited time to deal with getting a ecm sent out or taking a car to a dealer to get vats relinked ect. working at a racing engine shop as a day job

This locked 05 gto has been a nightmare with vats on a new ecm but going to be a good beta test car for the unlocking ecms

All I wanted was a stock tune to start with

Thanks again Efilive rocks

Blacky
February 21st, 2018, 03:48 PM
ok one thing to think about after struggles with hidden power shut down settings in my device manager (trying to shut my computer off after 4 hrs)
I have found if you have a computer shut off unexpected it will not start back where it left off when you hit the restart button.
If I shut it down it seem to work with the restart button not sure there is a fix for this.

After getting my computer going I was at 18xxx tries in around 55hrs when I turned my power strip off from habit working late and had to start over at 550 where I had done a manual shut off before.
There may not be a fix for this if not I am still very happy to be testing this, it is like you where reading my mind when you came up with this idea I am very grateful
for what efilive has done now or in the past.
I have limited time to deal with getting a ecm sent out or taking a car to a dealer to get vats relinked ect. working at a racing engine shop as a day job

This locked 05 gto has been a nightmare with vats on a new ecm but going to be a good beta test car for the unlocking ecms

All I wanted was a stock tune to start with

Thanks again Efilive rocks

In this beta version, you MUST click on the [STOP] button to force EFILive to save the progress when stopping. You can't just shut down the PC or EFILive won't save the current progress.
What I might do in the next update is force the progress to be saved after every attempt. That way if the PC shuts down, the current progress will always be up to date.

Regards
Paul

69camaro5speed
February 22nd, 2018, 02:24 PM
I should not have a problem any more unless electric is off for 4 hrs
That might be a good idea to do if it doesn't slow it down sure would be painful 6 days in for some one to loose power from a storm or something that knocks power out.

Highlander
February 23rd, 2018, 03:58 AM
Anyway to remove the beta pop up screen? clicking the do not show this again doesn't do anything.. always pops up.

SV8346
February 23rd, 2018, 12:05 PM
In 7.5 Tune, Preferences then Options tab, something appears to be cutoff from the bottom of the screen? Its like there is more at the bottom and needs to scroll but no scroll option?

joecar
February 23rd, 2018, 03:48 PM
In 7.5 Tune, Preferences then Options tab, something appears to be cutoff from the bottom of the screen? Its like there is more at the bottom and needs to scroll but no scroll option?You can drag the bottom of the window down to make it bigger (i.e. so no scoll is needed).

joecar
February 23rd, 2018, 03:50 PM
Anyway to remove the beta pop up screen? clicking the do not show this again doesn't do anything.. always pops up.Doesn't pop up anymore for me...

post screenshot.

SV8346
February 23rd, 2018, 06:39 PM
You can drag the bottom of the window down to make it bigger (i.e. so no scoll is needed).

Thanks, all good.

69camaro5speed
February 25th, 2018, 04:23 PM
I came home from a test drive and find the flash counter counting backwards looks like it made it to 327xx then started counting backwards.
Earlier today it was 30xxx with close to half the progress bar to go.
so I hit the quit button then tried to restart with the restart button checked it started over at like 561

I did a screen shot of it counting backwards

Blacky
February 25th, 2018, 05:49 PM
I came home from a test drive and find the flash counter counting backwards looks like it made it to 327xx then started counting backwards.
Earlier today it was 30xxx with close to half the progress bar to go.
so I hit the quit button then tried to restart with the restart button checked it started over at like 561

I did a screen shot of it counting backwards

It's not actually counting backwards, it's just a display issue. Unfortunately it appears that the display issue also caused the "save where I'm up to" option to save the wrong position - so the restart did not work correctly. We'll get that fixed in the next update.

Regards
Paul

69camaro5speed
February 25th, 2018, 06:11 PM
ok I can wait or run it again that was 5 days worth but really just testing to see if it will figure it out so i can get some money I lost back and help with testing this.
I ran it from 568 to 727 it starts over at like 568 again so I am going to start from 0 again and do a restart at say 600 and see what happens.

69camaro5speed
February 26th, 2018, 05:33 PM
so I did a little more testing ran it to 100 hit the quit button then waited 30 seconds and did a restart it started at 101 right where it should of been.
Then I got up this morning it was @ 2387 so I did a restart it went to 101 again and not 2388 so it looks like the restart works one time only
then it restarts there again even if its a higher number next time.

Megatron
February 27th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Approximately how long does the unlock process take for a Lb7 ecm? So far we are at unlock attempt 1800 with a small green progress bar at just over 4 hours

GMPX
February 27th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Up to 3 days for an LB7, there is no faster way, it is simply trying all Keys over the range it could possibly be.
Doing it on the bench is really the only way, in a vehicle with the IGN on for up to 3 days isn't ideal at all (in fact, don't do it).

69camaro5speed
March 5th, 2018, 02:09 AM
Second go it work took 7 days the counter display was reading incorrect like you said but it worked
Thanks again another great feature

Mitco39
March 5th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Up to 3 days for an LB7, there is no faster way, it is simply trying all Keys over the range it could possibly be.
Doing it on the bench is really the only way, in a vehicle with the IGN on for up to 3 days isn't ideal at all (in fact, don't do it).

Ross,

How about adding this feature for the L5P?!? I think at worst what, it would take 7 days?

hahaha

Kidding. :hihi:

GMPX
March 5th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Ross,

How about adding this feature for the L5P?!? I think at worst what, it would take 7 days?

hahaha

Kidding. :hihi:
LOL, if only it was a seed/key issue with them.

mrhr33
March 18th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Hi all,

I am currently unlocking my first E67 that has been tuner locked.
Did i have to select a stock tune file with same operating system prior to starting the unlock attempts?
Or can it be any tune file?
I do have the correct stock file, just didn't select it as i didn't want the stock tune back in.... now it is up to 7500 attempts and would be horrible to restart!

Cheers

Blacky
March 18th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Hi all,

I am currently unlocking my first E67 that has been tuner locked.
Did i have to select a stock tune file with same operating system prior to starting the unlock attempts?
Or can it be any tune file?
I do have the correct stock file, just didn't select it as i didn't want the stock tune back in.... now it is up to 7500 attempts and would be horrible to restart!

Cheers

No, it doesn't matter what file you have open. The file is not flashed into the ECM. The ECM is first erased, then unlocked. Then you can flash whatever you want into it.
If you don't want the ECM erased then you shouldn't be using this option.

Also there is a known issue where the counter will start going backwards after about 32000. That's just the value being displayed wrong, the actual unlock process will still continue correctly.

Regards
Paul

mrhr33
March 18th, 2018, 08:12 PM
Thanks Paul.... I started to get worried i had thrown away valuable time!

Yes, needing to start all over with this one so a complete erase will be perfect!

PR

wesam
March 19th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Could you help me with the locking key range ?
Is it Hexa digits ? So I should as to try numbers between 00000 - FFFFF ?

Blacky
March 19th, 2018, 05:53 PM
Could you help me with the locking key range ?
Is it Hexa digits ? So I should as to try numbers between 00000 - FFFFF ?

If you put a $ symbol in front of the numbers then they are hex numbers, otherwise they are decimal numbers.
So use: $0000 and $FFFF (hex)
or: 0 and 65536 (decimal)

Regards
Paul

wesam
March 19th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Thanks Paul