PDA

View Full Version : Table Request

hacklerjason
March 7th, 2018, 10:21 AM
I know you guys are busy, if you have a chance could you please drop my name in the hat for the following table/feature requests:
I have a guy with a stockish tune, delimited but nothing added... But is badly over fueled at idle. Using other software I found the problem to be in a table called base qty vs tps... The table commands excess fuel at 600rpm. I am not able to defuel that table, so I sped up the idle speed to get out of that over fueled zone. I would like to keep idle at 750rpm to line up the needle of my tach with the 750 tick. I'm a little obsessive... But the over fuel problem is in that table and I would like to drop the idle back down to 750rpm if you could get that table put in to facilitate defuling. Specific os is *5504430, but my my16 os *5493455 as well

Also
Is there already mapped out, a way to rescale injection timing axis? The max mm3 value is 120mm, but would like to change that to 130mm3 and rescale the rest of the cells. I can change the labels, but i suspect thats different than changing the axis, can you confirm?

Similar to the SOI tables being commanded out of range:
If using the torque to fuel tables, and i commanded 130mm3 at the top, how does the ecm handle the injector pulse lookup when the pulse table is maxed at 120mm3

Could you explain a little about how the ecm handles looking up SOI for say a torque to fuel value of 130mm3 when the SOI mm3 axis is maxed at 120mm3. Does the ecm use the same SOI values from 120mm3 column and just inject a hair later if 130mm3 is being called for? Or does the ecm extrapolate from the 120mm3 column outward to fuel 130mm3?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Chailland
March 8th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Interested in this also.

hacklerjason
March 8th, 2018, 02:45 PM
go away jordan:bash:

hacklerjason
March 8th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Just kidding! lol me love you long time:banana:

GMPX
March 8th, 2018, 04:02 PM
a table called base qty vs tps...
E98 was just getting new OS's added at this stage, but we'll keep this in mind when they are being worked on next (like when someone sends in a 2018 Colorado file).

Is there already mapped out, a way to rescale injection timing axis? The max mm3 value is 120mm, but would like to change that to 130mm3 and rescale the rest of the cells. I can change the labels, but i suspect thats different than changing the axis, can you confirm?
Sorry I'm not sure why they are not showing as axis points that can be edited, it should be possible. I'll look in to that.

If using the torque to fuel tables, and i commanded 130mm3 at the top, how does the ecm handle the injector pulse lookup when the pulse table is maxed at 120mm3
I would say it just carries the last value through from 120mm3, eg if you have 1100uS at 120mm3 (end of the axis) and you command 140mm3, you will still only get 1100uS.

Could you explain a little about how the ecm handles looking up SOI for say a torque to fuel value of 130mm3 when the SOI mm3 axis is maxed at 120mm3. Does the ecm use the same SOI values from 120mm3 column and just inject a hair later if 130mm3 is being called for? Or does the ecm extrapolate from the 120mm3 column outward to fuel 130mm3?
I don't think it would assume the difference past 120mm3.

hacklerjason
March 8th, 2018, 04:11 PM
E98 was just getting new OS's added at this stage, but we'll keep this in mind when they are being worked on next (like when someone sends in a 2018 Colorado file).

Sorry I'm not sure why they are not showing as axis points that can be edited, it should be possible. I'll look in to that.

I would say it just carries the last value through from 120mm3, eg if you have 1100uS at 120mm3 (end of the axis) and you command 140mm3, you will still only get 1100uS.

I don't think it would assume the difference past 120mm3.Are you looking for a particular os, or just mentioning for future use?
I have 8112 & 8116 I can send in if you want them... Lmk

Thanks for the insight... I have a guy that has datalogged above 120mm3 but the pulse table capped at 120mm3 which is why I asked. I kind of imagined what would happen on the timing table, that it would just use the same values from the 120mm3 table. But the pulse table is acting strange in that it does fuel outside of the ranges for that table.

GMPX
March 8th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Well if we find the table you are talking about for one Colorado then everyone will want it :grin:
These are very complex (and smart) ECM's, please don't assume we know everything about the full operation of them. In development with remote logging we saw numbers that didn't make sense either, it could very well be that hidden in there is some smart models and algos that pull everything back in to line no matter how far you want to push things outside the boundaries (something that was noted in testing).

hacklerjason
March 8th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Well if we find the table you are talking about for one Colorado then everyone will want it :grin:
These are very complex (and smart) ECM's, please don't assume we know everything about the full operation of them. In development with remote logging we saw numbers that didn't make sense either, it could very well be that hidden in there is some smart models and algos that pull everything back in to line no matter how far you want to push things outside the boundaries (something that was noted in testing).Lol
Did you guys purposely go outside boundaries? Because science? [emoji23][emoji23]

And you know Ross, I'm not sure everybody would want them. My one guy that needs that table fixed, is about +5000ft from sea level. Quite a bit less air... We estimated 15% less... But despite his baro being at around 12.8psi, we were getting fueling over the table values in those zones. I had to use the other tuning environment to check if there was another table pushing fuel other than the torque to fuel.

Only that 1 guy so far I have come across is over fueled at idle for mid elevation. We all have that same table, but at lower elevations our torque to fuel tables are higher iirc than the base qty vs tps table. The band-aid works, but at the cost of higher rpm, which in this case actually turns out using less fuel... Hmmph

GMPX
March 8th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Did GM not get it right from factory?

hacklerjason
March 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Did GM not get it right from factory?Not in that table... I'll get a photo in a second... But most people will never be able to tell due to the configuration of their exhaust in factory form. The raw diesel smell will burn your eyes, sinus, any mucus membrane at that... Maybe its more so an intentional emissions deal. There is a need for fuel to get catalyst temps correct. That does explain why there would be a global fueling rate, exhaust temp management

hacklerjason
March 8th, 2018, 05:25 PM
His complaint was specifically that it idled very rich. No matter what tables i defueled, i couldnt log lower fuel delivery. I like the idle to be at 750, as it accentuates the rumble made when vanes are commanded open at idle. It sounds like a truck and less like a hair drier. With that, the fix/bandaid was idle at 900r vs 750r ... I could defuel as needed with torque to fuel tables, just lost the rumble in the process since its 100r over the rpm i have for when the vanes start to close

hacklerjason
March 8th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Ahh i remembered another inquiry... In Scan v8, data logging the various injections... We have 2 pilots in the ecm calibration that supposedly run but i can only log when one of them is on/off... Specific PID is IEASTAT under GM Enhanced... Is this a limitation of scan v8?

GMPX
March 9th, 2018, 09:49 AM
It'll just be the PID itself, GM defined its operation not EFILive.

GMPX
March 13th, 2018, 04:23 PM
The table you've shown above I don't think is a base fuel to mm3 table based on TPS for idle, I think it is fuel limiter when torque reduction is active. Obviously I can't see in HPT where you've pulled that from but is it in the Trq reduction group?

hacklerjason
March 13th, 2018, 04:45 PM
I found it in the Main Injection params... I was attempting to defuel by reducing the torque to fuel tables, and i was not able to reduce fuel using that table. I had reduced to a value that should not have run, but continued to idle with no reductions in fuel per datalogs. I was able to get an improvement by increasing rpm to 900, which coincides with what i should be seeing per that "base qty" table. There is something that i am aware of from my experience, that the main torque to fuel tables are way wrong in the other guys software. That is the specific reason i stopped using it on the e98. It does not line up with data logs. The mm3 values are scaled in a way that the tables only show 50% of the value. Anyways that beyond the point... This particular truck, the operator complained about excessive smell, even while in the cab. He is +5000ft elevation, Baro reports 12.038psi. I was able to raise idle speed to 900rpm and there was a large improvement, but still has a lingering smell

Tre-Cool
March 18th, 2018, 10:55 PM
While not fuel related, I still would like to get the multiplier & adder tables for SOI timing.

hacklerjason
March 19th, 2018, 05:27 AM
While not fuel related, I still would like to get the multiplier & adder tables for SOI timing.That is definitely fuel related, on a diesel[emoji41]

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Tre-Cool
March 20th, 2018, 03:40 AM
you are correct, i had my head in "petrol land" as i was looking at some e38 stuff when i wrote this. lol.

hacklerjason
May 4th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Following up

Tre-Cool
May 4th, 2018, 08:03 PM
in a couple of months i'm going to be adding another turbo to mine for a compound setup, so I would be happy to test/play around with vane control too if we can get them added over time.

GMPX
May 6th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Sorry, we are not currently working on E98 additions at the moment.

hacklerjason
May 22nd, 2018, 12:59 PM
Sorry, we are not currently working on E98 additions at the moment.

Raja \nnn/

GMPX
May 23rd, 2018, 08:39 AM
I have no idea what that means :nixweiss:

hacklerjason
May 23rd, 2018, 09:34 AM
I have no idea what that means :nixweiss:Roger, but I live in Hawaii and speak a form a pigeon sometimes 🤣🤣
The other one was a Shaka🤙

GMPX
May 23rd, 2018, 12:42 PM
Does it mean 'look out for flowing lava?'

hacklerjason
May 23rd, 2018, 12:46 PM
Does it mean 'look out for flowing lava?'LOL no
I do appreciate you asking, but I'm safe
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180524/598255a6dccb30e0f54a4ab79f9a369f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

GMPX
May 23rd, 2018, 12:59 PM
LOL nice one, must be a nice view from O'hua.

hacklerjason
May 23rd, 2018, 01:09 PM
LOL nice one, must be a nice view from O'hua.It's not what you think lol... I'm far enough I can't see it or smell it

hacklerjason
May 27th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Hey Ross
I know you said you aren't working on e98 right now, but I would like to add to the list request to see if you have see these tables around in there. I'm looking for a table called brake torque management (for burnouts without having to turn off tcs for the guys that like that kind of thing lol), and any other "abuse" tables. I have 4wd guys out there saying they are getting power limited or cut back when in 4wd low I believe, and are able to get around that by disabling abs by pulling a fuse.

GMPX
May 27th, 2018, 08:45 AM
I know the table you mean from the older gas ECM's, I don't recall such a thing in the E98 though. For what it is worth the E98 software is very different to the usual GM ways so cross referencing concepts is difficult (I believe it is developed by GM Italy).
I can ask around because there is a few tuners who do their own thing with these ECM's via cax.

hacklerjason
May 27th, 2018, 08:53 AM
I know the table you mean from the older gas ECM's, I don't recall such a thing in the E98 though. For what it is worth the E98 software is very different to the usual GM ways so cross referencing concepts is difficult (I believe it is developed by GM Italy).
I can ask around because there is a few tuners who do their own thing with these ECM's via cax.

That would make sense, being that VM is also based in Italy. And even to do it with cax files... I have seen the hex, and that isn't my flavor. Someone was able to provide to me a bin file for my exact ecm, he had a way to convert it somehow. I've looked in there and found countless tables but not one means anything to my eyes. I continue to browse through to see if I can make sense of it but I'm also not familiar with those tools either so I'm not sure if I was able to properly utilize them.

GMPX
May 27th, 2018, 09:19 AM
I continue to browse through to see if I can make sense of it.......
I know the feeling :rotflmao:

BigCE
June 12th, 2018, 03:01 AM
Another wish list item.

Are there dedicated "exhaust brake" Turbo position maps like there are on the bigger trucks. The EB on these trucks feels pretty weak I am curious what its commanding. Now that I am typing this I suppose I could log it and see for myself.:doh2:

hacklerjason
June 12th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Another wish list item.

Are there dedicated "exhaust brake" Turbo position maps like there are on the bigger trucks. The EB on these trucks feels pretty weak I am curious what its commanding. Now that I am typing this I suppose I could log it and see for myself.:doh2:I've seen mine command 100%
Dsp4 will never see vgt tables, ask me how I know [emoji23]🤣
You can command 100% vane at very low throttle, then command 0% vane for a throttle just ahair higher, then command normal vane behavior while driving. I do this to not require the tow haul mode to be on for EB to function... Pm me if you need help

BigCE
June 12th, 2018, 08:28 AM
I know DSP4 wont get those parameters that's fine.

Good idea on the EB all the time. I have done similar things on LLY/LBZ/LMM and 6.0 stupid dutys. Usually works very well. Plus the tow haul mode drives me crazy so that would solve that problem.

hacklerjason
June 12th, 2018, 12:43 PM
I know DSP4 wont get those parameters that's fine.

Good idea on the EB all the time. I have done similar things on LLY/LBZ/LMM and 6.0 stupid dutys. Usually works very well. Plus the tow haul mode drives me crazy so that would solve that problem.I also dislike tow/haul in that it selects a shift schedule we don't have access to. I dislike how agressive the tcm is when selecting downshifts.... Even when tow haul is off, the tcm will still click down a gear when I double tap the brake pedal lightly... Want to lessen the agression there but I can't see the responsible tables and none of the others respond with the effect I desire

GMPX
June 12th, 2018, 04:45 PM
I am no longer working on the T43, in fact I refuse to :grin:
I can pass it on for someone to investigate but it is very difficult to figure that TCM out unfortunately, it may never be solved.