PDA

View Full Version : Help with Auto VE tune custom analog PID setup.

jderekt
March 14th, 2018, 10:27 PM
As stated above, I am setting up to do an auto VE tune but I am hung up on setting up the custom analog PID's.
I should clarify, I am very new to tuning and am trying to learn as I go so please bear with me. I have been reading all I can, but this is just throwing me a bit. Plus I was never a real good math student, let alone anything to do with algebra or trig.
I am using the AutoVE tuning Tutorial for LS1 controllers and I think I have everything else worked out. Just need help with the setup of these PID's.
The structure of the PID's and the "slot definition" and "parameter reference number" is what I am hung on. Just don't get it. :frown:
I am using an Inovate LC2 wideband, 0-5V output.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you all can provide.

joecar
March 15th, 2018, 02:26 PM
If you don't want to, you don't have to mess with the calc_pids.txt file...

you can simply log these pids (in addition to the usual pids):
- CALC.BEN_LC11
- CALC.AFR_LC11
- EXT.AD1
- GM.AFR

jderekt
March 15th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Thanks a ton.
Is there anything else I should watch for or do before I start logging?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

joecar
March 15th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Make sure that PE table enables (set B3616 to 65% below 3000 rpm, and 35% above 3000 rpm).

Make sure that PE provides sufficient fueling for WOT (for normally aspirated, set B3618 to EQR 1.175 or AFR 12.6), regardless of what AutoVE tutorial says.

joecar
March 15th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Also, make sure wideband is working properly, so some sanity checks...

for example, one test is to log Closed Loop and see what it reports.

jderekt
March 15th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Ok. Sanity checks, right. Definitely a good idea. Thanks again. I've got a Sunday to myself this weekend. This just might happen. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk