PDA

View Full Version : E38 log after setting up for vve adjustments, crazy afrs

curtisdeville
March 19th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Hey guys, I have followed the swingtan and efilive autove tutorials to the T, read them and alot of other stuff over but have just applied the new calibrations so I can make a log to apply to the vve table and the wideband is showing afrs so high and low that I am wondering if I missed something or if it has something to do with another issue Im dealing with. If someone could check out the log, this is with all of the pids changed in the tutorials and the maf wire unplugged. Thanks

Ps I am aware that there are some bad pids on there I just added to check out and the log is short because the lambda hit 1.400 and that scared me at only 1800 rpm.

curtisdeville
March 19th, 2018, 01:39 PM
heres the tune file as well its a 2011 camaro 2ss

joecar
March 19th, 2018, 03:33 PM
If you can, post some screehshots so we can see your steps

( www.getgreenshot.org can help with screenshots and annotating them )

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Ok, so I took screen pics of ll the setting I changed as instructed in the tutorials. Ill put them in the best order that I did in that I can. I drove the car and got it up to temps, shut it off, unplugged the maf and uploaded the calibrations, then started and took the above log. Ive done the tutorials 3 times now and then compared the tunes and I am pretty sure I'm following them correctly, is it possible that my ve table is that far out? When I run the car on my base tune the idle sucks, but driving is alright and my stft go between -4 and +7 with ltft within 4.

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 04:12 AM
deleted

statesman
March 20th, 2018, 04:44 AM
I hate being the bearer of bad news, but there's something you should know about.... the E38 controller suffers from a thing called "rich after flash". It happens when you flash in a new calibration on a hot engine. There is no 'fix' for this... you just have to drive it out (some say 10min drive, some say 20mins, some say a few hard accelerations shortens the time... I really don't know exactly how long it takes for the richness to wash out). You can do lots of reading about it over on the HPtuners forum. Enjoy! :laugh:

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Running rich is fine, its the super lean reading I was worried about when stoich is commanded. I sat in the car for a good 10 minutes after the reflash to let everything get back to normal temps, its -5 here on canada:) Anyways was just looking for a second look is all to see if I missed anything, a few pics didnt load for some reason of the other steps ill post when i get home

joecar
March 20th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Photobucket is not showing your pics...

just post the pics directly in the reply (see the "framed tree" button, 3rd from right in the Reply box).

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 09:57 AM
pics. ps, when I log sae.fueltype it and it shows methanol.... is there any chance that the car is using the ethanol tables for some reason? would it hurt to change them ill never run ethanol anyways...

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 09:59 AM
rest

joecar
March 20th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Set C6001 DTC P0101,2,3 to A-1-Trip... and when running engine, watch for MAF DTC to show up immediately.

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 11:11 AM
No DTC set.... but that run did go 100 times better.lambda stayed within 1.20 tops and .95 ish i think. I know that wasnt a big drive but Im gonna apply this map and see if I can get at least some of it closer than highway drive tomorrow! Hopefully Ill be able to put it back into CL soon:) Heres the log from that drive...

joecar
March 20th, 2018, 12:06 PM
If you don't get a MAF DTC, then the ECM is still running the MAF, i.e. it won't be running VVE/VE where you expect...

if it doesn't run VVE/VE then you can't adjust the VVE/VE table.

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 12:21 PM
damn it. i thought i was on to something but that makes sense it still doesnt feel right was just a better experience than yesterday. but now that i think of it let me go check cause ill jave to scan the dtcs cause i was looking for a check engine light but the mils are shut off via c0301,3, and 5

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Yes I got P0102 maf circuit low.... is that what I am looking for?

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Ugh, I was just looking for a good idle tutorial and found that the vve for e38 tutorial I have was version 1.7 and I just found 1.9, gave it a good read and there are a few new setting I could find right off the bat, c0301 is 10 not 1, c0302 is set to 13500 but mine was set to 30 as per the old tutorial. I had no idea that there were different versions available as someone worked on it.

curtisdeville
March 20th, 2018, 12:50 PM
what dtc should i see when i get this right?

joecar
March 20th, 2018, 03:01 PM
P0102.

If any of the MAF DTC's are present (regardless of MIL), the ECM will run from the VVE/VE table exclusively.