PDA

View Full Version : MAF-less question

mtnman
June 21st, 2006, 04:17 AM
If I'm running a closed loop SD tune (From AutoVE tutorial), is it safe to removed the MAF sensor and add a modifed descreened MAF sensor which only reports the IAT signal?

joecar
June 21st, 2006, 04:38 AM
Yes, should be no problem, better flow.

mtnman
June 21st, 2006, 04:46 AM
Hey Joe,

Any ideas where I can get one?

I would think the junkyard would be the best bet.

joecar
June 21st, 2006, 07:08 AM
Hey Joe,

Any ideas where I can get one?

I would think the junkyard would be the best bet.Yeah I agree, good price, descreen it without any feelings of remorse.

TAQuickness
June 21st, 2006, 10:56 AM
you can find 85mm OEM units on ebay for about $25 shipped. Search by part number, not application.

mtnman
June 22nd, 2006, 03:16 AM
I've heard that the Z06 MAFs will work and they already come descreened. Any knowledge of this?

Texas Terminator
June 22nd, 2006, 01:41 PM
or you could open it up better with a piece of 4" aluminum tubing, go to your local friendly GM parts house and get an IAT sensor for and F-bod and a harness..........

mtnman
June 23rd, 2006, 01:06 AM
or you could open it up better with a piece of 4" aluminum tubing, go to your local friendly GM parts house and get an IAT sensor for and F-bod and a harness..........

Will I have to recalibrate any tables if i relocate the IAT sensor right in front of the throttle body? I've read on a few posts that IAT temps will be a bit different than they are at the stock MAF location.

Texas Terminator
June 23rd, 2006, 01:34 AM
then don't put it in front of the TB. i put mine right around where the old MAF was. just punch a hole in one of the rubber tubes and jam the sensor in there. mine works perfect. beyond that, no, you shouldn't have to re-calibrate anything. if it does make a difference at all, it would be negligable at best.