PDA

View Full Version : Transfer License from V1 to V2

Ninety8C5
March 29th, 2018, 01:17 AM
My friend purchased a used car and got the V1 that was used to program it. He has a V2 and we were wondering if there is still an option to move the licenses from the V1 to the V2. If I remember this leaves the V1 unable to add any additional licenses, but that isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance.

ScarabEpic22
March 29th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Im not sure if you can transfer licenses from a V1 to V2 that dont share the same overall license # or if the V2 can be put in the "transfer mode" once it has been used. It's been like 11 years since I've done the transfer on my own V1 -> V2 so I'm a bit fuzzy on it.

joecar
March 29th, 2018, 06:16 AM
You can transfer licenses from V1 only if you purchase a V2 specifically as an upgrade from your V1 (which leaves the V1 not able to add licenses).

DaddySS
March 15th, 2019, 04:17 AM
Just to confirm, after transferring "all licenses (recommended)" my V1 will still be licensed for the Camaro I originally purchased for and my V2 will work on my new Camaro or on the old Camaro if I use an available license? Or does the V1 no longer work?

Happy Jim
March 15th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Originally I bought a V1 and used one of the licenses on my car.

A while later I did the V2 upgrade and “transferred” all licenses.

I now have a V2 that will work on my car with a spare licence slot, and my old V1 still works on the car but can no longer have any licenses added to it.

How’s that?
Rgds
Jim

DaddySS
March 15th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Originally I bought a V1 and used one of the licenses on my car.

A while later I did the V2 upgrade and “transferred” all licenses.

I now have a V2 that will work on my car with a spare licence slot, and my old V1 still works on the car but can no longer have any licenses added to it.

How’s that?
Rgds
Jim
Terrific! Thanks Jim, that clears it up nicely!

joecar
March 20th, 2019, 09:43 PM
Nicely done :cheers: