PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Emissions Compliant EFI Tuning

Dinner
April 30th, 2018, 01:34 AM
Hey everyone! First time posting here, usually I’m over on Cummins Forum a bit of the time. I’m having issues with some emissions compliant tunes from my current tuner. I’m not here to bash the tuner company. I’m looking to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

My truck runs and performs all functions properly on a stock tune. As soon as I flash a set of 4 tunes or even a single tune in my truck. I run it for say 30-50 miles and the truck commands a regen. The engine does not actually perform the regen however, just commands it. I can tell there is no post injection events occurring since my NOX and DPF temps don’t rise above normal driving temps. I will get codes P0420 and P24A0. I then flash the truck to stock, drive it and let it perform a Regen. I’ve had a few different revisions sent to me, with all doing the exact same thing.

I switched tuning companies when this all began. Is there anything I could be doing wrong via email, uploading the tunes to my autocal, etc? Should I be trying pass through flashing? Or is this just a silly issue with the tuner/tuning?

Thanks in advance!

Dinner
May 6th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Edited post, didn’t realize it didn’t all go through

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 7th, 2018, 12:06 AM
There is, IMHO, no such thing as what you have purchased, STOCK Tunes are compliant, if the tuning you purchased is not EPA/CARB certified then its in no way "Compliant".

I would talk with your tuner and express your concerns and ask them to look over what you were sold and possibly work towards a solution.

But just because you did not actually remove your components, does not mean you purchased anything compliant.

Just ask VW, they can tell you how it worked out for them.

Dinner
May 7th, 2018, 04:04 AM
Maybe I should say Emissions Present Tuning instead of Compliant, my bad!