PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! My cable just quit working!!!

minytrker
June 22nd, 2006, 06:38 AM
Im in the middle of tuning a truck and my cable just went out. I flashed the truck and went to open the scan tool after I was done and it said no interface cable found. My laptop then pops up a message that my usb device has errors and will not work. I have rebooted my laptop and even tried another computer, nothing reconizes my cable anymore. I have this truck to finish and 2 more today and 5 more tomorrow. I have the workshop cable if that matters.

ArKay99
June 22nd, 2006, 07:47 AM
You may have already done this, but, have you tried a new usb cable? If it turns up bad, you can get a new one at Radio Shack for around $12. Other than that, do you get lights on the FlashScan cable if you plug and unplug either side? One other thing, check for a bent pin or a pin that may have pulled out of the OBDll connector.

purrvert
June 22nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

Tydriver
June 23rd, 2006, 03:32 PM
actually.. Something else to consider, search around for a thread on this subject.. I had similar issues, turns out.. My fuse was blown for the cigarette lighter.. Dunno what it has to do with the whole setup (since it doesnt plug into the lighter) but once I replaced the blown fuse all was good..

just my $.02

GMPX
June 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
If you have any other PC's try plugging the flashscan adaptor into it's USB port (without vehicle power) and at least see if another PC see's the USB connection. If the PC has never had the flashscan adaptor plugged into it then Windows should prompt you for a driver, at least if that happens it's a safe bet the USB connection is O.K.

Were you using a power inverter at the time for the laptop?

Cheers,
Ross

EDIT : Sorry, just re-read your post you already tried another PC!, as someone else already asked, did the LED's cycle when you plugged it in?

minytrker
June 23rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
The led's cycle. When I plug the usb in the pc will say efi or whatever then pop up saying the usb device has malfunctioned. I have uninstalled everything and started over and it still does the same thing. Both my computers say the same error.

GMPX
June 23rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Lorenz, sounds like it is going to be sorted via Emails.

Thanks,
Ross

minytrker
June 23rd, 2006, 05:16 PM
Ross,

Everything has been taken care of. I will be up and running again in no time thanks to the great customer service of EFI Live. Thanks for your help and everyone elses. Another thumbs up for EFI's customer service.

Chuck L.
June 24th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Ross,

Everything has been taken care of. I will be up and running again in no time thanks to the great customer service of EFI Live. Thanks for your help and everyone elses. Another thumbs up for EFI's customer service.

Mind telling us what you found wrong??

minytrker
June 24th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Don't know what went out, something internal. I am sending this one to EFI so they can look at it.