PDA

View Full Version : 2017 camaro zl1 - read error $0552

GR8GAME
May 30th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I was hoping I may be able to get some help.

I was trying to read a customers car so that I can tune it. I'm getting a read error. Here are the pics from my EFIL controller.

I've also just updated to the latest firmware and software.

Thank you!

cindy@efilive
May 31st, 2018, 07:41 AM
GM changed the security on 2017 ECMs there are now additional security processes to navigate.

Prior to reading or flashing any controller, the EFILive software performs a security negotiation with the controller for permission to access the controller. In the past, the security negotiations were implemented using a simple challenge-response process.

In 2017 GM began modernizing and hardening their controllers' security negotiations which is now far more complex and virtually impossible to automate within the EFILive software. This means the end user must now concern themselves with the security negotiations prior to reading or flashing one of these new controllers.

It takes on average about five days to find the correct security code on a controller that use GM's previous security system.
It would take on average about 174,000 years to find the correct security code on a controller that use GM's new, hardened security system.
Over 1 trillion possible security codes exist and guessing the correct code used on a particular vehicle is virtually impossible.
EFILive software now has a controller-authorization module that helps you manage the data required to gain access to your controller.

You can find more information on how to obtain and manage Controller Authorization here https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=9815-QWPX-8846

Blacky
May 31st, 2018, 07:51 AM
To obtain an authorized controller authorization code, see here: http://www.efilive.com/controller-auth
Regards
Paul

GR8GAME
May 31st, 2018, 08:10 AM
Thank you for the reply!

This is the first 2017+ I've touched so I figured something was up.