Mamo 235 heads
Johnson short travel lifters
mamo ported MSD Intake
Nick Williams 102
1 7/8 longtubes
Moroso 3 vane vac pump
FAST 36lb inj
11.7:1 comp

ok guys ive attached a tune im using with a log i did. It started as an 01 f body 6 speed tune. I adjusted the injector stuff, changed some idle airflow tables {i followed the rafig tutorial}, i didnt actually perform the rafig yet tho...

truck fires right up cold, will idle somewhat rough until about 140*ish then idle slows down and if i dont give her gas she dies. doesnt sound like shes running right tho. Warm restart i have to give her gas or she wont fire. Could use a bunch of help with this. I cant break the engine in yet cause i cant get her ti idle correctly. She doesnt run right on the stock tune. I have an LM2 wb . If someone could take a look at the file and give me some feeback i would greatly appreciate it. Also im trying to get a handle on setting up the scanner.

joecar
June 3rd, 2018, 02:54 PM
Sounds like you need to do idle/rafig tuning... you must also account for larger throttle plate area (easier said than done).

joecar
June 3rd, 2018, 02:55 PM
For setting up the scantool, the ideas here might help: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log) (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

and here also: CALC-VET-Summary-Notes (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16280-CALC-VET-Summary-Notes)

Jayyk31
June 3rd, 2018, 07:37 PM
Sounds like you need to do idle/rafig tuning... you must also account for larger throttle plate area (easier said than done).

Thanks Joe im going to do the rafig today after work. I already set up the scsnner from the tutorial on rafig. Thanks for the scan tool link i appreciate that!

nonnieselman
June 4th, 2018, 12:57 AM
Ive ran into issues with FAST Injector data more than once. They can be a pain sometimes.
But i agree with JoeCar. RAFIG and go from there.

Jayyk31
June 4th, 2018, 05:51 AM
Ive ran into issues with FAST Injector data more than once. They can be a pain sometimes.
But i agree with JoeCar. RAFIG and go from there.

I used the 36lb gtp data from the pdf thays floating around. Im gonna do the rafig in a lil while... ill post backbup after. Thanks guys

Jayyk31
June 5th, 2018, 06:17 AM
Last night i attempted to log rafig. No luck she wouldnt even start unless i gave it gas and then stumbled. So by the time i got her started the temps rose so i figured i will give it another shot today.
Jocar I have my vac pump wired to a gm 2 bar map sensor. I wired it to the fuel tank pressure sensor circuit. I ft. I select the correct pid in the scanner will i be able to log it? Or would i have yo make a calc pid?

joecar
June 5th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Jocar I have my vac pump wired to a gm 2 bar map sensor. I wired it to the fuel tank pressure sensor circuit. I ft. I select the correct pid in the scanner will i be able to log it? Or would i have yo make a calc pid?

The vacuum pump should be for providing suitable vacuum capacity to the vacuum-assisted power brakes...

the MAP sensor should be looking at the actual manifold pressure (be it vacuum or boost), it should not be looking at the vac pump.

I'm confused about the MAP sensor being wired to the fuel tank pressure sensor.

Better post some wiring diagram so I can understand your config.

Jayyk31
June 5th, 2018, 09:25 AM
No jocar im talking about crankcase vac. I have a 3 vane Moroso vac pump. Im using a gm 2 bar map sensor so i can monitor the crankcase vac thru the pcm and on my dash guage. I have it wired like this.
Map connector B - PCM red 64 & dash guage
Map connector c - PCM blue 47
Map connector A - PCM blue23

(This wiring is for '01 f body 2088 FTP sensor for vac pump)

Im gonna double check my wiring as i might have gotten mixed up over the last year as ive changed from p59 pcm to the 0411.

***edit*** wiring is correct as per gm wiring diagram for 00-02 f body FTP sensor...

Jayyk31
June 5th, 2018, 12:01 PM
i finally got the truck to run. 2 pins on the MAF were reversed, the IGN and GND wires. It kept dying when it hit 140* before this. Well not this time. Settled in at approx 1400ish rpms , prob due to me opening the tb blade. ill fix that. So heres my 1st real log. Please check it out. Im gonna start checking the rafig data. thanks

joecar
June 5th, 2018, 12:48 PM
No jocar im talking about crankcase vac. I have a 3 vane Moroso vac pump. Im using a gm 2 bar map sensor so i can monitor the crankcase vac thru the pcm and on my dash guage. I have it wired like this.
Map connector B - PCM red 64 & dash guage
Map connector c - PCM blue 47
Map connector A - PCM blue23

(This wiring is for '01 f body 2088 FTP sensor for vac pump)

Im gonna double check my wiring as i might have gotten mixed up over the last year as ive changed from p59 pcm to the 0411.

***edit*** wiring is correct as per gm wiring diagram for 00-02 f body FTP sensor...
Ah, I see, I was not aware you were pumping crankcase vac...

good job :cheers: on innovating with parts to monitor it :cheers:

Jayyk31
June 7th, 2018, 12:20 AM
My brand new Moroso 3 vane vac pump took a dump. Had vane material all thru the hoses and pump. Now i know why the guage was not moving from .82 in/hg... lol! I have to figure out why the pump failed but in the meantime i ordered a rebuild kit. Mon i drop the truck off to get full exhaust done finally and then i can resume my tuning. Doesnt make sense to mess around .

joecar
June 7th, 2018, 03:32 AM
That's too bad it failed... I'm curious as to what caused it.

Jayyk31
June 7th, 2018, 05:32 AM
Yeah Joecar same here! Im thinking that b4 i plumbed the pump in i had the plastic intake and exhaust plugs in to keep dirt out. But i noticed they pertruded into the pump. I remember cranking the engine over to check oil pressure in the past. So im thinking when i did that the vanes might have made contact with the plugs and damaged them. I cant think of how else it could have happened? I have a rebuild kit on the way so it should be back up in a day or so and when i get the truck back from exhaust shop ill be back getting her dialed in!!!
Ill take some pics of inside the pump when i break it down.

Jayyk31
June 9th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Joecar i keep getting a p0463 code. In my pics i posted i have them set to no report and mil off. I left the tank vac pressure codes as non emissions in hopes i can record the data from that but the fuel level signal i keep getting a code... Any idea how i can turn that off?

Jayyk31
June 10th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Doing the Rafig as, per the tutorial, do i set up a Histo for each temp threshold and adjust each temp in b4307?

Also still not sure about p0463 code??

joecar
June 11th, 2018, 03:42 AM
For P0463, try setting it to MIL on (and Not-Reported).

Jayyk31
June 11th, 2018, 09:06 AM
For P0463, try setting it to MIL on (and Not-Reported).

Will do, thank you!

Jayyk31
June 17th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Joecar ive been trying to setup this CALC pid for the better part of the day!lol! Can u take a look and see if I have it correct? i dont find it in the scanner? Im setting up for CALC VE. Thanks

joecar
June 18th, 2018, 03:07 AM
ok, I'll look...

joecar
June 18th, 2018, 03:10 AM
Under CLC-00-003, there should be no blank line before VE (i.e. no blank line between the % line and the VE line).

Also, at end of file, there should be at least 2 blank lines (i.e. hit ENTER twice).

Jayyk31
June 18th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Thanks i will correct those things! Much appreciated!

Jayyk31
June 18th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Im editing this txt doc in V8 Explorer. Should i do it in 7.5? Cause i applied the changes and still nothing? Ive looked fo the txt doc in 7.5 and cant find it.

joecar
June 19th, 2018, 06:20 AM
Edit the doc using Windows Notepad (or Notepad++ if you know how to get it).

Rename the doc to calc_pids.txt and move it to the folder C:\User\<you>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

this doc defines calc pids for the V7 scantool.

Jayyk31
June 20th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Joecar thanks a TON bro! I downloaded Notepad++ and followed exactly what u said to do and boom the 3 pid's were there in 7.5 scanner! Thanks for helping me and answering all my questions Joecar!!!

joecar
June 20th, 2018, 11:30 AM
No worries :cheers:

Jayyk31
July 11th, 2018, 02:40 AM
For some reason now i get this error message now. Im doing "autoVE" and i made this filter and had no issues a few different times. I make another, different, filter and now for both i get this message. I didnt unselect any pid's or anything. Weird???

joecar
July 11th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Post the file Filters.txt from the User Configuration folder.

Post your log file.

Are you logging the pids that the filter references...?

Jayyk31
July 11th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Here's the Filters and my last log... I set ip up days ago and logged 3 previous sessions and the filter was good. As far as i can tell the correct pid's are check marked. I set it up exactly like the tutorial as far as I can tell. Yesterday I went in to set up a 2nd
seperate filter to filter out all 60% throttle and up and that's when it started... I'm sure i messed something up. The message i get doesn't tell me a pid to select. Thanks Joecar

Jayyk31
July 11th, 2018, 09:01 PM
I got it. Not sure what happened? I ereased the new filter i made and included it into the original filter and its good now.

joecar
July 12th, 2018, 04:31 AM
ok :cheers: good deal.

Jayyk31
July 12th, 2018, 06:09 AM
Joecar can upgrade to MAFLESS cos without upgrading my OS? Im using 2088. Im not boosted but ive been thinking about running SD .

joecar
July 12th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Yes, you can run MAF-less without a COS (for example on 12202088), altho you lose the HO/LO adaptive spark feature (it disables when MAF DTC is present);

( i.e. the COS retains HO/LO adaptive spark )

Jayyk31
July 12th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Ok so with 0288 OS can i just upgrade to a COS to retain the adaptive spark? Or do i have to 1st write entire 2156 OS? And what is it, COS 1, 2, or 3???

I was reading this info b4 that this should be in my files somewhere?

GM O.S = EFILive O.S
2001 Programs
12202088 = 01250001

joecar
July 13th, 2018, 03:58 AM
I would use COS3/01250003.

( note that you need 12212156 only if you want to run COS5 (TP VE table) or if you need to run a 4L80E transmission )

joecar
July 13th, 2018, 04:05 AM
The blank COS tune files are in this folder: C:\Users\<you>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS

Jayyk31
July 13th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Ok i gotchya! Thanks Joecar i really appreciate you always helping me out! Im gonna look into that and i might go for it. It will free up some room for my intake to get rid of that MAF tube.

Jayyk31
July 14th, 2018, 10:54 AM
The engine is "breaking up" when i rapidly step on the gas. AFR goes way rich, in the 9's, and engind hick ups, or breaks up. Im tuning in OLSD doing "auto VE". Its been happining consistantly now. Anyone see anything? Heres abquick pic (not 100%sure if this is the spot) but i will post my log when i get to my pc... thanks

edit...
tune and log posted

joecar
July 14th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Several things to consider:
a. is your wideband working properly...?
b. PE enable (B3616) and PR fueling (B3618) are insufficient.
c. IFR table does not quite match injectors.
d. Log shows rapid heat soak (even on short idles).

You might want to fix PE:
- set B3616 to 60% below 3000 rpm. 30% above.
- set B3618 to EQR 1.175.

Questions:
- are you running E10...?
- which wideband are you using...?
- are you (will you be) running front NBO2 sensors...?

You might want to start over on the VE table after getting the wideband to work properly.

joecar
July 14th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Also:

EOP (engine oil pressure) pid won't work unless PCM is from a Corvette or you wire/pin oil pressure sensor to PCM (and enable it in the tune).

Jayyk31
July 15th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Ok a lot to think about now! Ok so ill answer your questions...

A. I believe the WB is working as it should. Its wired directly to switched Ign through a relay. Right now the sensor (lsu4.9) is in the passenger side exhaust about 1 ft after the collector and about 8" b4 the x pipe. 11 o clock.

B... i set the values in b3618 in thinking thatsbwhat i wanted to command in OL. I see now after reading that i do not want to do that.
B3616 i disabled pe and my thinking was just to command richer as morebload was placed on engine?

C... IFR us set from the data from the "GTP 36lb injector" spreadsheet. I copied all the info over to my file. I have the FAST 36 lb'ers, same as bosch 36lb'ers; flow 42 at ls1 fuel pressure.
Pressure at the rail is a dead on balls 58 psi.

D... good catch on the heat soak. I have to take a look. My CAI is at most just to get by for now as its a compromise because i have really limited space up front between the radiator and engine. Its touching upper rad hose so i definitely assumed i would get heat soak for sure. Something i have to figure out.

Ill fix PE as per your recommendation. Do I set the whole table (b3618) to 1.175 EQ? Is that 12.45AFR?

Im my area all gas has ethanol (up to 10%). Theres summer blends and winter blends. Im running 93 octane.

I have an Innovate LM2 single channel. Im logging using the serial comms.

In closed loop my 02's are in working order. I have longtubes and set the switchpoint(b4105) to 450ms.

Im thinking of getting rid on the MAF and using COS3 soon. I can ignore the NB o2's as i can have my WB in full time.

Joecar what are you seeing thats telling you theres a prob with the wb? I noticed an AFR of 40ish somewhere in the log? Im wondering if a connector possibly loosened up for a split second and it read messed up? Those Molex connectors frustrate me! I dont like Molex style...

EOPS i already turned it on in g1207 and i wired it to pcm as per your directions you gave me a few months ago... not sure why it wasnt logging? Ill check my wiring..

Thanks Joecar!

joecar
July 15th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Wideband output is not as definitive as I'd like to see (over some number of frames it should show a trend instead of wondering around)...

you might need to test it (there's a youtube video showing how);

if you could run closed loop, then wideband output will hover around stoich.

Jayyk31
July 15th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Im going to transfer the sensor from the passenger side to the driver side. Well see what happens. Also ill take a look on youtube for a how to video.

Engine is still bogging (breaking up) when i get on the throttle. Whats the pid to log the CKP sensor signal? I know when i built the engine i got the reluctor runout under the min spec. Reluctor is welded as well

Heres 1 video I found...
https://youtu.be/I1rSlp5jONo

statesman
July 15th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Im my area all gas has ethanol (up to 10%). Theres summer blends and winter blends. Im running 93 octane.

Im thinking of getting rid on the MAF and using COS3 soon. I can ignore the NB o2's as i can have my WB in full time.

I haven't contributed to this thread until now because joecar has been giving you good guidance, but I'd like to give you my view on where you're at now. The engine specs you posted in your original post are not good specs for a street driven vehicle. It's not going to be an easy engine to tune. I personally prefer running closed loop where possible (especially in areas where ethanol blending is mandatory), but it may be very challenging with your build. If you have to run open loop, then run it a bit on the rich side to ensure good fueling with changing ethanol content. People have differing opinions on the MAF... personally, I think that the MAF sensor is one of the best things that GM ever put into their vehicles. Don't be in too much of a hurry to remove that sensor... in some circumstances, it can be used as a diagnostic tool.

Finally... I think that your cam is too big for street use. I think that your compression is too high for your cam. I think that you're going to have some bucking at cruising speeds and I think you're going to have hours of fun trying to tune this beast. Enjoy! :beer:

Jayyk31
July 16th, 2018, 05:03 AM
I haven't contributed to this thread until now because joecar has been giving you good guidance, but I'd like to give you my view on where you're at now. The engine specs you posted in your original post are not good specs for a street driven vehicle. It's not going to be an easy engine to tune. I personally prefer running closed loop where possible (especially in areas where ethanol blending is mandatory), but it may be very challenging with your build. If you have to run open loop, then run it a bit on the rich side to ensure good fueling with changing ethanol content. People have differing opinions on the MAF... personally, I think that the MAF sensor is one of the best things that GM ever put into their vehicles. Don't be in too much of a hurry to remove that sensor... in some circumstances, it can be used as a diagnostic tool.

Finally... I think that your cam is too big for street use. I think that your compression is too high for your cam. I think that you're going to have some bucking at cruising speeds and I think you're going to have hours of fun trying to tune this beast. Enjoy! :beer:

Thanks for chiming in man i really appreciate it. Yeah I built this engine from the ground up myself. The heads, cam, valvetrain, induction basically Tony Mamo put together for me. He warned me about the driveability issues of the cam so i definately ecpected the challenges openly. It actually drives damn good right now considering i am working on a tune and i.am barely a novice free time gear head! Besides the engine breaking up with hard accelleration i have no bucking issues whatsoever and honestly it kind of drives ok for now. Hopefully with a little help from you guys I can get her dialed in. I dedinately have a lot of work to do on the tune for sure. Im gonna get it on the dyno sometime in the near future. Im pretty sure the Compression is pretty spot on for 93 octane. Its came a long way from starting it on the stand to now. Joecar has been a tremendous help for sure!

statesman
July 16th, 2018, 10:54 AM
It actually drives damn good right now considering i am working on a tune and i.am barely a novice free time gear head! Besides the engine breaking up with hard accelleration i have no bucking issues whatsoever and honestly it kind of drives ok for now. Hopefully with a little help from you guys I can get her dialed in.

You have no bucking issues yet because you're running the engine rich. Learn to tune in Lambda... fueling doesn't come out right when you're tuning a corn blend in AFR.

Here's a little help from me. Use this as your new base tune.

joecar
July 16th, 2018, 11:31 AM
There's a youtube video showing covering LSU sensor with rag sprayed in brake cleaner, sensor registers rich (brake cleaner fumes displace air/oxygen), then rag is removed, sensor registers lean.

Check that your wideband shows this behaviour.

Jayyk31
July 16th, 2018, 11:44 PM
You have no bucking issues yet because you're running the engine rich. Learn to tune in Lambda... fueling doesn't come out right when you're tuning a corn blend in AFR.

Here's a little help from me. Use this as your new base tune.

Thanks a lot for taking the time bro! Im gonna take a look and start with your "new base" tune you posted...

Jayyk31
July 16th, 2018, 11:45 PM
There's a youtube video showing covering LSU sensor with rag sprayed in brake cleaner, sensor registers rich (brake cleaner fumes displace air/oxygen), then rag is removed, sensor registers lean.

Check that your wideband shows this behaviour.

Ill report back later tonight after i do this test. Thanks Joecar.

Jayyk31
July 16th, 2018, 11:51 PM
As im home just looking ovwr stuff I notice on one of my rescent logs that ...

In scanner frame #2665.
Tps= 58.8%
RPM= 2541
MAP= 99 kpa
[VE is 58.94]- to me this would explain the bogging and popping as its way lean, no? Part of it at least?

Now when i go into the editor and go to B0101 it shows itsbpulling from cell
Rpm= 2400
MAP= 15kpa

Not sure what to make of that but doesn't look correct. Pcm was commanding a solid 12.84 AFR. (I will be switching to lambda from now on to tune). Something isnt right here.

Edit...
Matter of fact the more logs i look at to compare scan with editor the b0101 table, the pcm never pulls anyrhing info from any other column except the 15kpa colomn. RPM moves in sync with the scanner but KPA stays in the 1st column no matter what. Hmmm. I wonder if i have a junk MAP sensor?

joecar
July 17th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Edit...
Matter of fact the more logs i look at to compare scan with editor the b0101 table, the pcm never pulls anyrhing info from any other column except the 15kpa colomn. RPM moves in sync with the scanner but KPA stays in the 1st column no matter what. Hmmm. I wonder if i have a junk MAP sensor?In scantool, on PIDs tab, on pid MAP, got rigthclick->Metric.

joecar
July 17th, 2018, 08:27 AM
As im home just looking ovwr stuff I notice on one of my rescent logs that ...

In scanner frame #2665.
Tps= 58.8%
RPM= 2541
MAP= 99 kpa
[VE is 58.94]- to me this would explain the bogging and popping as its way lean, no? Part of it at least?

Now when i go into the editor and go to B0101 it shows itsbpulling from cell
Rpm= 2400
MAP= 15kpa

Not sure what to make of that but doesn't look correct. Pcm was commanding a solid 12.84 AFR. (I will be switching to lambda from now on to tune). Something isnt right here.

That (VE 58%) does not look right.

( in tunetool, go Edit->Properties, and set Fueling Units to EQR (EQR is 1/Lambda), and set VE units to g*K/kPa )

Jayyk31
July 17th, 2018, 09:09 AM
That (VE 58%) does not look right.

( in tunetool, go Edit->Properties, and set Fueling Units to EQR (EQR is 1/Lambda), and set VE units to g*K/kPa )

Ok i set the fueling values in the tune tool to EQ... Much better like this!
Also set the VE table to g*k/kpa. I took a screen shot of the VE table. Doesbrhis look better to you? Im used to seeing them in %?

Now they are in sinc between scanner and tune tool! Thank you again Joecar!!!

joecar
July 17th, 2018, 11:16 AM
( %VE is not really helpful because it's relative to the engine displacement, i.e. whatever B0104 contains )
( g*K/kPa is more useful because the grams of air is directly related to how much torque can be made )

( after a while you get used to g*K/kPa )

VE table does not look right.

joecar
July 17th, 2018, 11:22 AM
To make screenshots easier, see post #10 here: Hosting-an-Image (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)

( see http://getgreenshot.org )

statesman
July 17th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot for taking the time bro! Im gonna take a look and start with your "new base" tune you posted...

No problems. Last night I was in a bit of a rush and the changes I made to your tune file only fixed your crazy rich on hard acceleration... but it did not fix your rich decel.

Use this "new base2" file, it fixes both.

Jayyk31
July 17th, 2018, 08:52 PM
( %VE is not really helpful because it's relative to the engine displacement, i.e. whatever B0104 contains )
( g*K/kPa is more useful because the grams of air is directly related to how much torque can be made )

( after a while you get used to g*K/kPa )

VE table does not look right.

Yes it doesnt look right to me either. Im gonna load up a stock VE Map and see what it looks like.

statesman
July 17th, 2018, 09:54 PM
The VE table was not right. I did some adjustments to your VE table in the "new base2" tune file... it's all ready now for you to do some VE tuning.

Jayyk31
July 17th, 2018, 10:02 PM
The VE table was not right. I did some adjustments to your VE table in the "new base2" tune file... it's all ready now for you to do some VE tuning.

Awesome Statesman, thanks again! Ill load that tune up and also get my WB fixed up too!

Jayyk31
July 18th, 2018, 04:36 AM
Joecar your right my WB is off. Im trying to figure out what the problem is cause the WB is brand new. My guess is from running so rich it blew the sensor. It was black when i took it out. Im gonna change my spark plugs as well cause theyre prob fouled out as well. I bought a few extra sets especially for this. Im trying to set up my WB to show Lambda instead of AFR too.

Jayyk31
July 19th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Ya know I should have listened to that voice in my head when I bought another Innovate product. I had major problems with an LC2 i bought to tune my 2000 s10 years ago and said id never buy another Innovate. So I didnt listen to myself! Lol!
I bought another 4.9 sensor and after testing it I got an e8 code, blew the sensor. I was on the phone with Innovate at the time. They told me to send it in, which I obliged. Same as my old LC2. I have a feeling I wasted my money.

Im gonna see how this goes but in the meantime im going to look for other wb's. Any recomendations, would like serial comms...
Hows the Ballenger? What about the less expensive version made by ECM?

joecar
July 20th, 2018, 03:26 AM
Ballenger is pretty good, a bit more expensive.
AEM is good (and fast).

Jayyk31
July 20th, 2018, 04:21 AM
Ive always used either the Bosch LSu 4.2 or 4.9. Really I had issues with either the sensors or products... How do the NTk sensors compare?

Jayyk31
July 24th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Just got off the phone with Innovate. They said they did the LSU 4.9 update. She tried to charge me for it, $69.00!!!!! Hahaa! I was like, serious? So i got her to warauntee it. So ill use that for now but im stull gonna buy a different brand. Somehow my gut tells me the update is Bull! Why would the LM2 need the 4.9 update when it came stock with the 4.9 sensor? Honestly I dont like Innovate at all.

joecar
July 24th, 2018, 08:33 AM
That sounds all wrong... I don't like when a vendor does that...!!! :cussing:

Jayyk31
July 24th, 2018, 09:40 AM
At least they are going to warauntee it tho. Ill be up and running soon. Thanks again for all the help guys!

Jayyk31
August 4th, 2018, 09:20 PM
Got my WB back. Heres a log and my most current tune. I made some small adjustments to the 4 transient fuel tables and the bogging/breaking up seems to have disappeared. My guess it was so lean when i hit the gas my WB was messed up and wasnt reporting it correctly.

Seems that Innovate fixed the issue. Hopefully it lasts. Joecar can you take a look and see if the WB is reporting correctly if you have the time? Thanks.

Also i cant seem to get the "b9021 CAX" to show up? I DL'd the zip and extracted "caxb". Resaved it as "12200288.cax" in the "7.5 bin" folder. Not sure what to do. Heres a screenshot...

https://image.ibb.co/fUn7wK/20180805_075743.jpg

statesman
August 4th, 2018, 11:27 PM
Also i cant seem to get the "b9021 CAX" to show up? I DL'd the zip and extracted "caxb". Resaved it as "12200288.cax" in the "7.5 bin" folder. Not sure what to do.

You've put it in the wrong folder... it needs to be in the "Calibrations" folder.

I already fixed B9021 in the latest tune file I gave you, but it doesn't hurt to have access to that parameter... you may want to mess with it later.

Jayyk31
August 5th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Oh wow thank you sir I had no idea you fixed it for me! Much appreciated Statesman! Im gonna look again for the "calibrations" folder. I couldnt find it for some reason. Ill post back.

Edit...

Yeah i cant find the "calibrations" folder anywhere. I think i remember seeing it a while back butbit seemed to have disappeared

Edit again...
Found it in "program files x86/7.5/efi live". Moved it to there. Lets see if it pops up in the tune file.

joecar
August 6th, 2018, 08:57 AM
+1 as stateman said:

.cax files go in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

Jayyk31
August 6th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Thanks Joecar and Statesman! Good to go it now shows up in the editor! Not gonna mess with it just yet. Still doing AutoVE.

Jayyk31
August 10th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Currently I have the MAF in the truck. I definately am gonna go COS3 but currently Im gonna tune the MAF since its there. I have a little bit more to do in AutoVE but im trying to get ready to do AutoMaf or CalcMAFT.... For the life of me, and ive been at it for a while now, I cant get ant Calc pIDs to show up. Ive re Validated the pids with and without MAF connected,,,,, nothing. I know where to put the txt file becausde ive done it before, but to no avail. Please could someone double check me? This is the txt file from Weatherman on calMAFT....... Thanks.

joecar
August 11th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Rename that file to calc_pids.txt and move it into the folder C:\users\<you>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

and then retstart the scan tool.

Jayyk31
August 11th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Dude thank you!!! That was frustratung!!! And very simple! Lol! I get it now, i basically justcadd tocmy original "calc_pids.txt" file. I dont make a new one everytime!

joecar
August 13th, 2018, 06:14 AM
When you add to your existing cacl_pids.txt, you have to merge each section respectively (i.e. you can't just add on the end of the file).

Jayyk31
August 14th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Oh yeah for sure! I orifginally thought i needed a seperate calcpids.txt file for each. I finally understand now tho!!! Weve had some pretty crazy storms here past few days so i havent took the truck out. Hopefully tonight i can get another good autoVe log if the weather holds!

joecar
August 15th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Where are you located...? Keep safe in storm(s).

Jayyk31
August 15th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Im out on Long Island NY. Its been so humid and weve had some crazy thunderstorms with lightning and bouts of heavy downpour! Imnpretty sure its gonna be nice for a few days so i can get a nice 30 mile log on my way home from the shop. Your on the West coast right?

Jayyk31
August 20th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Curious about the "power at rear wheels" pid. Where does the info come from and what does EFI Live use to calculate it? I logged it last night and got readis from 0-650. Is this pid accurate?

joecar
August 21st, 2018, 04:46 AM
Im out on Long Island NY. Its been so humid and weve had some crazy thunderstorms with lightning and bouts of heavy downpour! Imnpretty sure its gonna be nice for a few days so i can get a nice 30 mile log on my way home from the shop. Your on the West coast right?Yes, I'm in So. Cal.

joecar
August 21st, 2018, 04:51 AM
Curious about the "power at rear wheels" pid. Where does the info come from and what does EFI Live use to calculate it? I logged it last night and got readis from 0-650. Is this pid accurate?This pid is the power left over to accelerate the vehicle (F=m.a) after all friction has been overcome (powertrain fiction, road/tire resistance, air resistance).

This pid calculates P=m.v.a where a = dv/dt and m is vehicle mass.

The accuracy of this pid goes up as the log sample rate increases (i.e. 40/s vs 10/s).

To properly use this pid requires an understanding of Physics, which I'm sure you have (doesn't everyone...?) :)

If you log this pid on the way up (accelerating) and then log it on the way down (coasting down) on the same road under the same conditions, you can calculate FWHP to a reasonable estimate by subtracting.

Jayyk31
August 22nd, 2018, 10:16 AM
So ive done Auto Ve a bunch. To move on to AutoMaf or CalcMaft do i just enable the LTFT'S in the tune, and set the MAF DTCs back to stock? What about the airflow correction threshhold? (Not on my pc so i forget the labels of the tables) I td s set to 400 rpm.

joecar
August 22nd, 2018, 10:54 AM
So ive done Auto Ve a bunch. To move on to AutoMaf or CalcMaft do i just enable the LTFT'S in the tune, and set the MAF DTCs back to stock? What about the airflow correction threshhold? (Not on my pc so i forget the labels of the tables) I td s set to 400 rpm.
To run the MAF you have to un-fail it (set MAF DTC's to stock).
To run MAF-only (i.e. no VE) set dynamic airflow threshold to zero.
To run CL/trims, enable CL and LTFT's.

Note: AutoMAF and Calc.VET correct the MAF; they both require the MAF to be running.

Calc.VET might be easier... give this a try, but pay attention to the maps before applying them, if they don't make sense we have to figure out why (i.e. you already did AutoVE, so the VE table calculated by Calc.VET should come close... unless you're scaling).

Jayyk31
August 22nd, 2018, 08:36 PM
Thanks Joecar! I reinstated the Maf. I set b0120 to 0. Im gonna see how the AutoMaf works.