PDA

View Full Version : Error $0312

Bdirtymax
June 10th, 2018, 05:52 AM
Updated a tune and then went into V8 and added a few pids for the transmission A40 controller. Now when I try to record or view data I get $0312 error code. I have updated the firmware and have the latest software. I even formatted the config then programmed config and selections back in. Could a PID I selected be causing this?
Thanks.

Blacky
June 11th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Updated a tune and then went into V8 and added a few pids for the transmission A40 controller. Now when I try to record or view data I get $0312 error code. I have updated the firmware and have the latest software. I even formatted the config then programmed config and selections back in. Could a PID I selected be causing this?
Thanks.

$0312 is not usually caused by an unsupported PID. After you get the error can you save a trace file and send that to me at paul@efilive.com.
Info on saving trace files: https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912

Regards
Paul

Bdirtymax
June 12th, 2018, 11:46 AM
$0312 is not usually caused by an unsupported PID. After you get the error can you save a trace file and send that to me at paul@efilive.com.
Info on saving trace files: https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912

Regards
Paul

It was being caused by a PID. I will reload the pid or pids and save a trace file and send it to you. It was PIDS for the Allison. PIDS like last shift error, last shift time, shift converge information etc..
Thanks

Blacky
June 12th, 2018, 01:26 PM
It was being caused by a PID. I will reload the pid or pids and save a trace file and send it to you. It was PIDS for the Allison. PIDS like last shift error, last shift time, shift converge information etc..
Thanks

Thanks that would be good so I can track down the problem. Can you also send the list of PIDs that was selected so I can match them to what's in the trace file.
Regards
Paul

Bdirtymax
June 13th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Trace files sent. I only did 2 pids 1 at a time. The first one was for TSTATE17 and then I removed that one and added SHIFTLAST and that is the 2nd trace. I found it happens with several transmission Manufacturer defined PIDs.
Thanks.

joecar
June 13th, 2018, 08:31 AM
The pid GM.SHIFTLAST is typically used with the GM 4L/60/70/80 transmissions... I'm not aware that it applies to Allison.

Bdirtymax
June 13th, 2018, 09:07 PM
The pid GM.SHIFTLAST is typically used with the GM 4L/60/70/80 transmissions... I'm not aware that it applies to Allison.

Last shift time, last shift error , output speed for next shift etc.. are Allison PIDs with the DOC software from Allison if memory serves me correctly

joecar
June 14th, 2018, 05:30 AM
ok, thanks, I learn something new all the time :cheers:

Agustina
July 8th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Okey, thank you guys it was super useful for me to find answers to some questions!!

Bdirtymax
September 30th, 2018, 12:34 PM
ok, thanks, I learn something new all the time :cheers:

So I was looking over some past logs and the PIDS for the Allison used to be valid. I have them logged. Have you looked into them any?
Thanks

joecar
September 30th, 2018, 08:57 PM
So I was looking over some past logs and the PIDS for the Allison used to be valid. I have them logged. Have you looked into them any?
ThanksPost a log file.

Bdirtymax
September 30th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Here's a pair showing different A40 PIDS being logged that are not valid now. Current gear, last shift time etc..
Thanks

Blacky
October 1st, 2018, 09:42 AM
Thanks

Which PIDs were valid but are now no longer valid?
Are you using V7 Scan Tool or the V8 Scan Tool?

Regards
Paul

Bdirtymax
October 1st, 2018, 12:00 PM
Which PIDs were valid but are now no longer valid?
Are you using V7 Scan Tool or the V8 Scan Tool?

Regards
Paul

Paul,
I was getting a $0312 error trying to log tcm pids like Last shift time, output speed for next shift, current gear, commanded gear etc.. I just loaded them back in my V2 and everything is working now. Not sure what happened but problem solved.
Thanks

joecar
October 2nd, 2018, 09:10 AM
Paul,
I was getting a $0312 error trying to log tcm pids like Last shift time, output speed for next shift, current gear, commanded gear etc.. I just loaded them back in my V2 and everything is working now. Not sure what happened but problem solved.
ThanksYou re-programmed FSV2 BBL and now it works... ok, thanks for the update.