PDA

View Full Version : e38 incompatibility even though they show compatible on the chart

LS-SWAPPER
June 14th, 2018, 04:20 AM
What am I missing? I've changed OSs before by paying attention to the compatibility chart but this is giving me trouble. You can see the two OS in the screenshot, they both fall in the proper column of the compatibility chart, what gives?

I believe the ecm has been flashed before by someone else but I see no evidence of it being locked in any way, does that have something to do with this? Would if give the compatibility error if that was the case? Thanks!

joecar
June 14th, 2018, 05:32 AM
What V8 software version are you running...?

LS-SWAPPER
June 14th, 2018, 06:12 AM

LS-SWAPPER
June 14th, 2018, 06:14 AM
The update manager said I'm current

Blacky
June 14th, 2018, 08:48 AM
What am I missing? I've changed OSs before by paying attention to the compatibility chart but this is giving me trouble. You can see the two OS in the screenshot, they both fall in the proper column of the compatibility chart, what gives?

Investigating...
Regards
Paul

LS-SWAPPER
June 14th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Thank you Sir! I'm also fighting fan functionality with that new tune. It's from a van that originally had discrete settings from the factory. However they aren't functioning in this swap. I am able to load the "new tune" into a completely different spare ecm that I have laying around, but I cannot load it into the customers e38, which is what sparked the original question on this thread.