PDA

View Full Version : Would someone be willing to help with tuning a 2017 Camaro ZL1?

GR8GAME
June 14th, 2018, 01:34 PM
I have a 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Larger crank pulley. Larger Heat Exchangers.

I was, finally, able to pull the stock file and I got it all setup and started making some really good power out of it.
About 4 pulls into it, I started getting belt slip. So, I swapped to a shorter belt.

So, I "shouldn't" be having a lot of belt slip now.
BUT, NOW, I'm only seeing 2lbs of boost. My throttle is staying open to 83% throughout the pull.

I just want to make sure that it's not my tuning and I need to continue to chase a mechanical problem.

Would someone be willing to check out my stock file to my tuned file?
(Please note, I haven't finished it yet and I've tried changing some of the tables to troubleshoot)

Thank you!

joecar
June 14th, 2018, 08:14 PM
I'll help look at your tune (I've done a few E92's, i.e. not many)... you can either post it or email it to me.

joecar
June 15th, 2018, 04:05 AM
I downloaded your files, I'm viewing them.

GR8GAME
June 15th, 2018, 04:06 AM
Thank you sir!
I appreciate the help

joecar
June 18th, 2018, 03:05 AM
I'm still looking (I got slowed down during the weekend).

GR8GAME
June 18th, 2018, 03:18 AM
No worries
I figured with the weekend everyone would be busy

Again, thank you for the help!

joecar
June 18th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Looks like engine is running from MAF.

joecar
June 18th, 2018, 11:08 AM

So, I "shouldn't" be having a lot of belt slip now.
BUT, NOW, I'm only seeing 2lbs of boost. My throttle is staying open to 83% throughout the pull.

Where do you see only 2 psi of boost...?

I take it you can't hear the belt slipping...?

Is there a way of verifying the belt does not slip...?

GR8GAME
June 18th, 2018, 12:26 PM
I'm datalogging the MAP sensor
I'm seeing 120kpa.
In previous pulls, I was seeing 185kpa.

I've got a new belt on. Originally I saw a lot of belt slip! It was obvious. The tensioner was bottomed out.
I put a properly sized belt on it.
Also, the LOWER pulley was swapped. It has the stock upper pulley!

Yes, I have it at MAF only. I use an extension harness to fail the MAF and do the VVE. I then turn it back to the stock 4000 setting and make a couple pulls to make sure it's all good!

Good question on the slip
I'm not sure...

GR8GAME
June 18th, 2018, 12:27 PM
I hear the blower "start" to whine, and then I hear the engine OVER the blower. It's "usually" the other way around. Lol. The blower makes all the noise!

GR8GAME
June 18th, 2018, 03:06 PM

So here is what I'm looking at.
MAP is in RED. That is the Kpa I was making when it was all working good.
Later, It dropped to 121Kpa. I'm still not convinced that the issue lies in the ECU. I suspect a mechanical discrepancy.

I say that because if you look in the YELLOW, I have the commanded (due to the coefficients) and the Driver Command are all up there AND they changed after making the appropriate changes to the file (I looked at other logs to double check).

But then I look at the top YELLOW at the boost solenoid and I don't ever see it change....ever!
I've never datalogged it before or looked to see if it "should" change.

So that's what prompted my questions.

On a side note, I have an E67/LSA motor in my shop that is experiencing HUGE belt slip. 2.4" upper pulley and it's smooth. That thing feels like a misfire on the dyno! It will slip, then grab again. I see it in the Kpa reading. It's erratic.
This one is either doing a constant slip...all the time, or I just assumed I did something wrong in the file to prevent boost from occurring.

joecar
June 19th, 2018, 06:02 AM
I'm datalogging the MAP sensor
I'm seeing 120kpa.
In previous pulls, I was seeing 185kpa.

Ah, I see, I was looking at the other log first.

joecar
June 19th, 2018, 06:03 AM
( also log GM.ETCTP, this gives a better idea of what the electronic throttle is doing )

sampling rate seems rather slow (6 per second), you might try the following:
- drop one pid to get channel count down to 24 or less;
- Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode: try a different mode.

joecar
June 19th, 2018, 06:17 AM
In Log_147, MAP goes up to only 82.6 kPa... but then throttle is not used much, trims seem to be doing something, but nothing else is going on.

GR8GAME
June 19th, 2018, 06:30 AM
( also log GM.ETCTP, this gives a better idea of what the electronic throttle is doing )

sampling rate seems rather slow (6 per second), you might try the following:
- drop one pid to get channel count down to 24 or less;
- Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode: try a different mode.

I'll look at that. Thank you for the pointer.

I keep it at 24 for most tuning and I have multiple PID selection files for tuning different aspects of the engine or trans. But when I started troubleshooting, I just added a bunch of PID's to see where I should attack for a problem.

GR8GAME
June 19th, 2018, 10:50 AM
In Log_147, MAP goes up to only 82.6 kPa... but then throttle is not used much, trims seem to be doing something, but nothing else is going on.

I may have uploaded a troubleshooting or partial throttle LOG by accident.

GR8GAME
June 19th, 2018, 11:55 AM

Eng.LSX
June 26th, 2018, 09:21 AM
The bypass might be beeling boost , post your tune file .