PDA

View Full Version : Unable to register flashscan v 1.2

moatsman5000
June 26th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I am attempting to use a Flashscan v 1.2 unit I bought second hand. When trying to flash a PCM I am receiving the error “The attached device is a Scan Only device” I believe I have followed the proper steps to license the device from my Blue License Registration card. Please see the screenshots below and let me know what I am doing wrong.

Blacky
June 27th, 2018, 02:00 PM
The "Personal: license was deprecated years ago and was been replaced with the "Commercial" license.
I'll "PM" you a commercial license in a few minutes...

Regards
Paul

moatsman5000
June 28th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Thanks Blacky!! I just installed it however I am at work and will test a flash once I get home. How many PCM's will I be limited to? Also can you help me fix my account I accidentally used my email address as my user name. I don't see a way to change it in my settings.

Blacky
June 28th, 2018, 10:18 AM
The V1 device supports up to 25 controllers, each additional controller requires a PCM license purchase here: http://www.efilive.com/licenses/tuninglicenses/flashscan-v1-pcm-license
You can check how many have been used using the V7.5 Tune Tool software: Help->FlashScan V1 PCM licensing...

I'm not sure if I can change your username, but if I can, what do you want it changed to?

Regards
Paul

moatsman5000
June 29th, 2018, 12:55 AM
I am still unable to flash a PCM after putting the new licencing in. See the screenshots below. Help->FlashScan V1 PCM licensing still shows "Personal Scan&Tune" and only 2 PCM licences. If you could change my username to moatsman5000 that would be great.

Blacky
June 29th, 2018, 03:08 PM
I am still unable to flash a PCM after putting the new licencing in. See the screenshots below. Help->FlashScan V1 PCM licensing still shows "Personal Scan&Tune" and only 2 PCM licences. If you could change my username to moatsman5000 that would be great.

Sorry, my mistake. It's been so long since I've upgraded a V1 I forgot to send you the activation code to upgrade the actual V1 device to "Commercial". Sending that now...
Regards
Paul

moatsman5000
June 30th, 2018, 02:31 AM
Thanks!! It is working as expected now. Just flashed my first PCM. Removed VATS now I have a ton of reading to do to start tuning. Thanks again for supporting such an old platform and getting my username changed.