PDA

View Full Version : would this be hard

zrx1200
June 23rd, 2006, 04:58 PM
would it be hard to have a os ,instead of valet mode have switchable octane/fuel maps? ie select low oct table with tuned fuel map.flick switch for high oct and its fuel map..or just not worth the hassle..?

ringram
June 23rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Should be easy, might be a nice feature if its easy to add.

Tordne
June 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
Why? What is the objective?

zrx1200
June 23rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Why? What is the objective? if you can only get std unleaded flick the switch and run on the low oct table with optimised fuel. or if you want to juice it up with some octane booster flick it the other way..would save the engine actually having to knock to retard the timing to run on standard.and stop it trying to advance back to the hi table all of the time..:Eyecrazy:

Tordne
June 23rd, 2006, 07:51 PM
You could always use the octane scaler in the custom os? Just set the limiter to perhaps 50% or so. Requires a flash of course, unless you have the RoadRunner PCM.

zrx1200
June 23rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
thats right it requires a reflash..:) just an idea prob not worth the hassle.:beer:

GMPX
June 23rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
Actually I did think of that initially for the very reason you posted about, however, these days I can't think of anywhere that doesn't offer good fuel within a tankful of driving.
Here is something else to consider, custom O.S #5 has a table that will pull timing when a switch is closed. If you are not using the valet mode this would get the job done for you.
Personally I like the Duramax DSPĀ² custom O.S we did, switchable boost, fuel and timing :rockon: , but then that is a whole different ball game.

Cheers,
Ross

zrx1200
June 23rd, 2006, 09:41 PM
might just have a play with that...thanks.

batesyellow01
August 7th, 2006, 06:58 AM
That could be a good idea for NO2 ? When solenoid kicks in have it wired to a n/o switch to adjust table to retard timing ?

TAQuickness
August 7th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I believe that was the intent, or one of the intentions of OS5