PDA

View Full Version : COS3 4L80E segment swap

Burnett03
June 27th, 2018, 03:02 PM
I'm currently running a 4.8 with a COS3. If i want to install a 4L80E is this the correct way to do the segment swap?

1.Use file from a 6.0/4L80E that has the same O/S as my original stock file.
2.Upgrade that 6.0 file to the COS3 so it has the same matching O/S as my current tune file.
3.Segment swap the Trans into my current tune

joecar
June 28th, 2018, 09:26 AM
I believe you should do the trans segment swap first, and then do the COS upgrade...

but, let me check (it's been a while since I did both, so I have forgotten the details).

Burnett03
June 28th, 2018, 10:25 AM
I believe you should do the trans segment swap first, and then do the COS upgrade...

but, let me check (it's been a while since I did both, so I have forgotten the details).

Thank you for checking. I was hoping to do it the way I suggested because then I can keep my current tune settings in my COS3 file. If I have to do the segment swap before the OS upgrade i'll have to re-input all the settings again.

GMPX
June 28th, 2018, 03:21 PM

I've forgotten more than you :hihi:

The right way to do this would be like this:

1 - Swap in to the Stock OS the Trans and Trans Diag segments from the 4L80E file (needs to be the same OS).
2 - Do the COS3 update based on that file you've just created.

Burnett03
June 29th, 2018, 12:00 AM
I've forgotten more than you :hihi:

The right way to do this would be like this:

1 - Swap in to the Stock OS the Trans and Trans Diag segments from the 4L80E file (needs to be the same OS).
2 - Do the COS3 update based on that file you've just created.
Thank you, that is how I'll do it.

joecar
June 29th, 2018, 04:21 AM
Ross, thanks.

lol on forgetting stuff :hihi:

ScarabEpic22
July 2nd, 2018, 02:21 PM
Create a script of your current COS3 file with the original "base" COS3 you started with (potentially long ago). Remove the Trans part as you'll have to re-do that anyway with the 80E. Once you have the new base+80E file, upgrade to COS3, then run the script to change all the engine tables/parameters to match your current file. Tune the trans.