PDA

View Full Version : 2015 sierra 6.2 e92 $06ff error

FRAZIERDS
July 13th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Okay this is my first time working with this ecm or any gas engine at all with efilive. 2015 Denali 1500 6.2. Read the file off this truck, made some very minor changes and went to flash it back get the $06ff checksum error. even tried to just flash the exact unmodified file I read out back in, same thing. Truck is on an auction lot and is supposed to go thru this Tuesday, really need to get it back running. I have no history on this truck so no idea if there was any tuner on it on previously or anything. I have never had my v2 hooked up to anything but a Cummins, was doing this as a favor now im lost. I would really appreciate any help at all

statesman
July 14th, 2018, 12:40 AM
It was probably tuned before with Diablo... you'll have to post the tune file you've got and ask Efilive support to fix it for you.

FRAZIERDS
July 15th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Okay heres the file

GMPX
July 15th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Search in V7 for the calibration B9999

{B9999} Flash Checksum Fail Fix
"If you are getting a checksum error at the end of a reflash please check this value, if it is anything other than 65535 this may be the reason. Please change the value to 65535, resave the file and attempt the flash again."

Please let us know if you see that and if changing it to 65535 fixes the problem.

Cheers,
Ross

FRAZIERDS
July 15th, 2018, 06:33 PM
It is 65535 but no luck

GMPX
July 17th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Can you flash the stock tune back in ok?

FRAZIERDS
July 18th, 2018, 03:42 PM
No I can’t even flash the exact file I read out back into it. Same error

GMPX
July 19th, 2018, 10:30 AM
I assume it is getting all the way to the end of the flash and then this error happens or does it happen at any part of the flash?
Also, are you just doing a calibration flash or full flash?

I notice the ECM was programmed by GM on June 20th 2018, what you've read out as your 'stock' file that you posted up is that what they put in?

Cheers,
Ross

FRAZIERDS
July 19th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Gets to the very end and gives error. Believe tried it as a Full. And that’s all I have to go on because this truck is on an auction lot.

GMPX
July 23rd, 2018, 10:38 AM
Can you maybe try a few things please.
First is to update your software to a recent release (you may already have done that, I'm not sure).
http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/may-2018-public-release/

Then with the file you read out of the ECM can you please attempt to flash it (it will have to be a full flash if that is what it failed on previously).
I was going to try your file here but I don't have a 2015 E92 ECM, I only have a 2014, 2016 and 2018.

When you've attempted to flash that ECM again can you please Email the full flash trace file to support@efilive.com (or post up here).
To get the flash trace file see here under ''Read/Flash Trace Files (V8 only)"

https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912

I suspect there is an issue with the original tune in the ECM but I cannot see the usual patterns that would be causing your error.
I looked over E92 files I had here but I cannot find a match to pass on as a stock tune.

Cheers