PDA

View Full Version : E92 tuning tutorial?

Telco
July 13th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Is there one available? Not finding one in search. Target vehicle is a 2015 Tahoe 5.3L. Thanks.

joecar
July 14th, 2018, 07:43 PM
E92 is like E38 except that you have to calculate/log MAP:BARO ratio to reference the axis on some tables.

Telco
July 15th, 2018, 02:39 AM
Thanks. I'll look over what I found on the E38 and will post any questions I might have. Currently down to one vehicle right now so I'm not willing to make changes at the moment, so I have plenty of time on it.

joecar
July 15th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Let me know if you need a calc_pids.txt for E92.

Telco
September 17th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I think I'm ready for this now. What calc_pids would I need for this? Also, any direction in improving throttle response would be great. It's a bit of a dog off the line under normal acceleration, and if you add more to compensate it goes way too far. The throttle doesn't act linear at all.

minytrker
September 17th, 2018, 01:49 PM
E92 is like E38 except that you have to calculate/log MAP:BARO ratio to reference the axis on some tables.

E92 is not like E38. E92 is ALOT different to tune vs E38, it logs he same sorta but thats about it.

joecar
September 18th, 2018, 04:56 AM
Doesn't E92 have MAF tables and VVE tables that are tuned in the same manner as E38...

minytrker
September 19th, 2018, 03:07 AM
Yes E92 has MAF and VVE that are the same, but thats about where the similarity's stop. E92 has a lot of different tables and uses torque and torque calculation alot more vs E38. E92 has a steep learning curve.

joecar
September 19th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Yes, I agree, after tuning MAF/VVE then it becomes a steep learning curve.

GR8GAME
September 19th, 2018, 02:07 PM
I'm down to contribute for a modeling tutorial.

I have theories that I've tried and seem to work. But it would be nice to have some absolute's.

I don't know EVERYTHING there is and I'm constantly learning something new and trying out new things to get results. And I've gotten a LOT of good help and information on this forum. I don't mind giving back.

Telco
September 20th, 2018, 04:09 PM
A tutorial would be great. I'd offer to assist with writing it but you really don't want that :shock: . I've been gleaning information from different posts, but that only gets you so far. What I've gotten from my efforts so far is about a mile per gallon better on average, and a new high highway mileage of 22.5MPG on the 400 mile eco-scale the Tahoe has, which is pretty danged good for a 5300lb brick with 4.11 rear gears. It's better than the vehicle's original lifetime max MPG of 20.2, which is what it showed when I bought it. The gallons vs miles calculation showed the same as the average, within a couple of tenths. Under WOT I'm shifting at around 5800RPM but I'm getting a double-tap effect on the shift under WOT that I don't get if I hold off WOT just a bit. It seems like it's learning some though, because it's not as bad as it was when I first put this program in. It's still far from perfect but I'm liking it a lot more than I was. It really moves out for such a large brick.

I'm not at a point where I need someone to look for problems yet, mainly my problem is not really knowing what needs to be messed with. However, if anyone wants to see what I've done so far I don't mind loading it in.

statesman
September 21st, 2018, 02:49 PM
However, if anyone wants to see what I've done so far I don't mind loading it in.

Yeah, I'd like to see what you've done so far. Post your original tune file as well as your current tune file.

Telco
September 21st, 2018, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see what you've done so far. Post your original tune file as well as your current tune file.

Here ya go, bone stock tunes and what I currently have loaded.