PDA

View Full Version : 2012 6.7 tuning question concerning deletes...

dodgeram5-92500
July 15th, 2018, 10:10 AM
So my egr cooler decided to die and caused all sorts of problems, didn't help that an injector died at the same time 100 miles from home pulling a 32ft gooseneck trailer.
I bit the bullet and deleted the egr and now finally the dpf. I was under the impression that my efi live software would allow me to turn off the system but either it doesn't or I cant seem to figure it out. I only see the egr section in the tuning area and it has 3 maps in it along with two other 2 dimensional graphs. I have tried setting the 3 graphs to the max stock value and also zeroing them out. as soon as I removed the exhaust though my "service exhaust system see dealer now" message comes up on my dash and wont go away. does anyone have a tune they've created that has their's deleted already they'd like to sell? or can someone direct me on how to do it myself?

dodgeram5-92500
July 15th, 2018, 10:12 AM
not looking for hp tuning right now just drivability, this is my work truck and I need it to run. I'm concerned with limp mode happening when I'm towing so to keep the truck cool for now I have removed the thermostat which when unloaded is keeping it cool but its 97-102 here in tx and with that 32ft trailer loaded with peoples stuff it could get warm quick.

KhakiCummins
July 15th, 2018, 01:35 PM
EFI LIVE software does not support deletes on 2010+ Cummins trucks. You need 3rd party software and the know how to do it. Easiest and quickest way would be to buy tune from one of the reputable tuners.

dodgeram5-92500
July 15th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Just found a guy with a new smarty junior that fits and does deletes for both, just bought it like 2 sec ago