PDA

View Full Version : Topkick 5sp to 6sp conversion

Mitco39
July 16th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Is it possible to update the software in the TCM to enable 6th gear? From what I am reading it is a simple GM flash, do we have the ability to do that update with EFIlive (way back last time I looked I dont think full flashing was an option). And if so does anyone have a 2008 TCM file that would work.

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

GMC-2002-Dmax
July 17th, 2018, 02:35 AM
If you get me a VIN# I can get a A50 File from TIS and email it over, I have done a few of them, but its been a few years

Crash
September 6th, 2021, 07:40 PM
GMC-2002-Dmax hey any chance you could still do that? I worked for gm for a few years but don

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 7th, 2021, 01:34 PM
It required a TECH2 or MDI or Mongoose Cable with a TIS Subscription, which I had at the time.

I would have to see if I can track down the actual procedure, as it has been many years since I did one.

Give me a few days to try and track down what I did.............it was over 8 or so years ago I did one of these

killerbee
September 12th, 2021, 03:33 AM
Is it possible to update the software in the TCM to enable 6th gear? From what I am reading it is a simple GM flash, do we have the ability to do that update with EFIlive (way back last time I looked I dont think full flashing was an option). And if so does anyone have a 2008 TCM file that would work.

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

Mitch what you want is possible if it is an medium duty 06-07 5-speed, but not practical to try and do it with your TCM. It requires a TCM swap, a service we provide. Your TCM cannot be converted using efilive alone. For that reason, we do these in batches. IIRC the cost is $295 for the factory 08 file, or $395 for the refined shift/TC schedule, which adds some comfort from early TC lockup, and leaves 5th and 6th gear in a better rpm range than the factory file.