PDA

View Full Version : Auto VE Twin Turbo 5.3

C450
July 18th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Greg Shaw asked me to start this new thread and Greg, I greatly appreciate your help. First of all I am using the engine from a 99 Chevrolet Silverado. The ECM from a 2001 I believe with a custom operating system. I am, because of budget, using decapped stock injectors. I am not sure if the IFR is set correctly. I'm guessing no. I also do not have a boost referenced regulator. Stock silverado fuel pressure regulator. 3 bar map sensor. No MAF. Only running an IAT sensor in the intake. Twin 72/68 turbos and yes it is laggy but I'm going to cut it down to one turbo shortly. Other than that I believe it is all stock. I am slowly, and I mean real slowly learning the Auto VE and so far I am really enjoying it. I would never try it on someone elses vehicle but I need to learn how to use it and be effective with it on my own cars. I am using an innovate wide band . I believe it is the LC-1. While cruising it is running at 10.5 afr with this tune. When I start to get into the throttle it shoots to 9.5 and starts to fall on its face obviously. I have leaned it out and went back and forth with it but I need to get it right. I also, using a wide open throttle switch have meth injection available but it is entirely too much and makes it way rich. I will try to answer all questions with the best of my ability but I am limited to the fact that I do not have the internet so I will check it when I can. I appreciate anyone willing to look at this and any advice given. Attached is the latest tune and datalog. I am trying to learn the whole copy and paste deal at the moment. I'm not sure if it looks right on the ve map after I pasted it.

GMTECH4
July 19th, 2018, 01:50 PM
I'm no master tuner, I just got my wideband working today with my v2. Your wideband is not working in your log, ve data is no good. I would also be carefull rolling into boost, you have alot of knock retard. you will have to configure your v2 or v1 to view wideband data. you will also have to configure your lc-1 also. you will have to get injector data right before doing anything, I had to add b9021 to get my injector data right.

joecar
July 20th, 2018, 03:29 AM
+1 I agree with GMTECH4, your wideband signal is not working.

joecar
July 20th, 2018, 03:30 AM
+1 VE table is wrong.

C450
July 21st, 2018, 06:05 AM
I'm no master tuner, I just got my wideband working today with my v2. Your wideband is not working in your log, ve data is no good. I would also be carefull rolling into boost, you have alot of knock retard. you will have to configure your v2 or v1 to view wideband data. you will also have to configure your lc-1 also. you will have to get injector data right before doing anything, I had to add b9021 to get my injector data right.
I didnt catch the wideband not working. I think that's the first time i've not seen it work so I'm not sure what happened but I'll look into it.

C450
July 21st, 2018, 06:07 AM
+1 VE table is wrong.

I believe you, but is it wrong because of the way I have it setup or because of the injector data causing a problem? Just having a hard time figuring out what it is supposed to look like.

C450
July 21st, 2018, 08:43 AM
So I have a new problem. I have discovered that when I select the pid external wideband controller, the wideband information comes up like it should but I am using a LC2. When selecting Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - LC1 LS1 style and then select the same in the map properties, it doesnt recognize my wideband. I went through the wideband setup procedure again and set it up according to the LC1 instructions but still no luck. I cannot get the ben map to work correctly. I'm not sure what direction to go from here.

joecar
July 23rd, 2018, 05:18 AM
Does the pid EXT.WO2LAM1 show data when you log with LC-2 connected....?

What does the pid EXT.WO2ST1 show...?

C450
July 23rd, 2018, 08:26 AM
Does the pid EXT.WO2LAM1 show data when you log with LC-2 connected....?

What does the pid EXT.WO2ST1 show...?

It's showing lambda but I know I set up the LC2 for AFR. Or should I have changed something elsewhere and didnt catch it.

joecar
July 23rd, 2018, 12:30 PM
Select the either one of the following sets of pids:
- EXT.WO2LAM1, GM.EQIVRATIO, CALC.WO2BEN;
- EXT.WO2AFR1, GM.AFR, CALC.BEN1.

joecar
July 23rd, 2018, 12:32 PM
i.e. not CALC.BEN_LC11.

C450
July 23rd, 2018, 12:34 PM
Select the either one of the following sets of pids:
- EXT.WO2LAM1, GM.EQIVRATIO, CALC.WO2BEN;
- EXT.WO2AFR1, GM.AFR, CALC.BEN1.

I'll do that and I'll let you know tomorrow what happens. Thanks Joe

C450
July 24th, 2018, 11:38 AM
i.e. not CALC.BEN_LC11.

Joe, we finally made a step in the right direction. The ben from WB is an average of .8064. I'm not sure what I have changed but for some reason on the ben map it is only taking data on the far right side. After filtering I get an average of 0.0. I'll attach some pictures. I ran into this a while back and figured out I was copying and pasting labels wrong but I'm not sure what is causing it this time. I'm very happy with what you recommended.

joecar
July 24th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Post your new log file.

C450
July 25th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Post your new log file.
Joe, attached is my current tune and datalog from yesterday. As always, thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

joecar
July 25th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Joe, we finally made a step in the right direction. The ben from WB is an average of .8064.
Can you do something to make combustion go lean, WB should then show lambda greater than 1.00.

I'm not sure what I have changed but for some reason on the ben map it is only taking data on the far right side.
In scantool:
- on PIDs tab, on MAP pid, go rightclick->Metric.
- on Maps tab, in map properties, on the Column tab, click Show Units, then select MAP.kPa for the column pid.

After filtering I get an average of 0.0. I'll attach some pictures. I ran into this a while back and figured out I was copying and pasting labels wrong but I'm not sure what is causing it this time. I'm very happy with what you recommended.
Post some screenshots ( hint: try getgreenshot.org to capture screenshots ).

GMTECH4
July 25th, 2018, 01:48 PM
where do u live? r u using the v2?