PDA

View Full Version : Using the Roadrunner with Efilive

carneb
June 25th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I recieved my Roadrunner PCM today and also a copy of Efilive scan only. I also purchased the Efilive licence for Roadrunner and had the details emailed to me. The scan tool works fine and I can use the tuning tool to read and write to the roadrunner (outside the car), but the tuning tool still says it's in demo mode which means I can't save anything.

I tried entering bodgy details in the licence screen and it wouldn't let me read and write anything to the Roadrunner, so I am confident I entered the licence details correctly the first time.

Does anyone know what is happening? I have emailed Efilive and Craig Moates but thought I might get a quick answer on here.

Thanks

Tordne
June 25th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Is that a valid purchase? Most people will probably have Personal or Commercial of EFILive which includes the Tune Tool license.

carneb
June 25th, 2006, 09:59 PM
There was a thread on ls1-australia.com talking about the Roadrunner and Craig Moates posted that The Roadrunner, with Efilive licence, and Efilive Scan only would be a good combination. It was also stated that you didn't need a full copy of Flashscan to tune with the Roadrunner.

Tordne
June 25th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Well, there you go then :) You'll like the RoadRunner, it is seriously awesome!!! I really want one.

Can EFILive see the RoadRunner, all the correct drivers etc. loaded?

Guess it up to Paul to sort this one out then :(

carneb
June 26th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I recieved a reply from Paul (via Donna). They supplied me with a new licence which now works.

Thanks for the great service guys. :cheers:

Just out of curiosity, am I the first person to buy the Roadrunner without having a full version of the tuning tool?

GMPX
June 26th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Not sure, but if it is for your own vehicle then it really is a bargain.
Of course, if it was not your RoadRunner in your car 100% of the time, then you would need Flashscan to flash it in.

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
June 26th, 2006, 04:58 AM
carneb, cool mate, let us know more how you like your RoadRunner.
:cheers:
Joe

caver
June 26th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Looks like something I am going to have to get soon.

foff667
June 27th, 2006, 04:50 AM
looks like he lowered the price so now would be a good time.