PDA

View Full Version : Engine torque model

slowhawk
August 22nd, 2018, 08:08 AM
As most know these live on torque value's. They help idle,throttle response and power everywhere.
My question which is your go-to table to adjust the torque model? Say you have idle torque hitting 100 and want to get it down to 0 for a better idle quality with a big cam?

I've tried many table's but they affect much more.

slowhawk
August 23rd, 2018, 10:51 PM
Pretty much what I expected. LOL I know nobody has the torque modeling mastered, I'm sure everyone does it there own way like myself. I've been retuning weekly shops doing torque reserve the wrong way around me. Would be nice just having 1 master table to control act tq1 and act tq2 output. That and have a solution to tune 17+ 8-10 speed transmissions.

GMPX
August 26th, 2018, 08:16 AM
That and have a solution to tune 17+ 8-10 speed transmissions.
Not something we are working on any time soon (if ever) sorry. FWIW I hear there is a new TCM out for the 2019 transmissions (T87A gone), another nail in the GM tuning coffin.

MobileProg
August 27th, 2018, 12:33 AM
Not something we are working on any time soon (if ever) sorry. FWIW I hear there is a new TCM out for the 2019 transmissions (T87A gone), another nail in the GM tuning coffin.

Why not flash the 6.7 ford EDC17? You can use the ford bootloaders like everyone else does, and its EDC17.... It would be an easy add relative to other projects.

GMPX
August 27th, 2018, 08:20 AM
Well the 15 or so Cummins HD controllers we've added over the last year have kept us plenty busy :sly:
Seems like anyone who gets involved with FORD tuning ends up in court :rotflmao:

Dmaxink
September 10th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Well the 15 or so Cummins HD controllers we've added over the last year have kept us plenty busy :sly:
Seems like anyone who gets involved with FORD tuning ends up in court :rotflmao:

Ends up in court beating the absolute brakes off of bullies. :grin:

GMPX
September 10th, 2018, 05:33 PM
LOL, take your pick, there's a few on the go I think as there has been in the past.

Redline Motorsports
November 1st, 2018, 10:45 AM
Pretty much what I expected. LOL I know nobody has the torque modeling mastered, I'm sure everyone does it there own way like myself. I've been retuning weekly shops doing torque reserve the wrong way around me. Would be nice just having 1 master table to control act tq1 and act tq2 output. That and have a solution to tune 17+ 8-10 speed transmissions.

If you properly fix the both the dynair model and MAF model your torque values should be correct.....problem is "shops" don't know how the system works in its root form as it is.. once that is correct the other tables are for offsets and trimming based on varying conditions