PDA

View Full Version : Wiring E67 ECM for PWM Fans on 2007 TBSS

blades11b
September 18th, 2018, 02:10 AM
Cal: 12611937

Hello all, new to the EFI live Gas side of things since until now all my experience has been on the Diesel side. I have a few questions about fan control.

1) If table G0927 is changed to the "PWM Electric" setting, how exactly does that affect the system? Would there be a particular pin coming out of the PCM that would be used for actuating the fans?

2) Is there a particular PWM fan controller that is preferable to use with the output from the PCM?

Pardon if any of my information or understanding is incorrect, as I've said this is my first time playing around with EFI Live on the gas side. Just trying to figure out the most seamless way to integrate electric fans into my 2007 TBSS

ScarabEpic22
September 18th, 2018, 04:21 AM
EFILive does not have all of the tables and parameters needed to change from the fan clutch to efans on E38/E67s. You will need to purchase a patched file from someone or a shop may do it for free or a small fee. PCMofNC will patch your file even if you don't purchase a harness from them.

I can send you some more info about TBSS efans, can you PM me?

blades11b
September 18th, 2018, 06:15 AM
Thats weird. As I said, I dont have any experience with the fan changes but why is the selection available in the tune but will not work if you change it?

blades11b
September 18th, 2018, 06:20 AM
[QUOTE= I can send you some more info about TBSS efans, can you PM me?[/QUOTE]

Also, I shot you a message.

ScarabEpic22
September 19th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Thats weird. As I said, I dont have any experience with the fan changes but why is the selection available in the tune but will not work if you change it?

There are more parameters needed that are not available in EFILive's standard calibrations in order to make the change from fan clutch to efans.