PDA

View Full Version : Allison in F-650

Orange Stroker
September 24th, 2018, 01:30 AM
I've got a 2006 F-650 with a cummins and 5spd allison. Is there a way to bench flash this with EFI Live and it still flash to make changes as I've tried via OBD2 with no communication. The ecm in the truck is a CM850 if that would matter.

GMPX
September 24th, 2018, 08:15 AM
I doubt the Allison TCM would be talking the same as the GM version, it probably uses J1939 in which case our software is not configured to talk to that TCM via J1939 unfortunately.

Orange Stroker
September 24th, 2018, 08:40 AM
I doubt the Allison TCM would be talking the same as the GM version, it probably uses J1939 in which case our software is not configured to talk to that TCM via J1939 unfortunately.

Do you plan on supporting it in the future with the HD platform? I know you are in beta on CM850.

GMPX
September 24th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Is it the same hardware as the GM version? It's not something we've considered to be honest probably because it is more a case of 'oh, they use that TCM !' :laugh:
But in reality I'm not sure it will sit high up on a support list, I doubt the read/flash methods will be anything like the Cummins ECM's or GM so I expect it would be quite a big job to add it in.

Orange Stroker
September 24th, 2018, 11:05 AM
is it the same hardware as the gm version? It's not something we've considered to be honest probably because it is more a case of 'oh, they use that tcm !' :laugh:
But in reality i'm not sure it will sit high up on a support list, i doubt the read/flash methods will be anything like the cummins ecm's or gm so i expect it would be quite a big job to add it in.

tcm p/n 29542725

GMPX
September 24th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Yes I appreciate it is probably the same (or very similar) hardware as the Silverado used but as it is not a GM application the communications will be unique.