PDA

View Full Version : Rafig results seem pretty high

Illegal Vette
October 6th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Bearing in mind that it idles pretty well as it is, here are my RAFIG results and my current desired air:
And here is the actual measured airflow in gear:
I can't understand such a discrepancy and don't think adding this much air would be a good thing. I do notice when logging that the desired IAC airflow is significantly less than actual and also less than is in my desired airflow tables:
Are these things connected, and do they make sense to any of you?

statesman
October 7th, 2018, 05:38 AM
Is this the Corvette?

Illegal Vette
October 7th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Yes, '82 corvette with stroked LS1/6 and enough cam to affect the idle.

Illegal Vette
October 7th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I just read a post on the idle tips and tricks thread where 5.7ute speculates that rafig is something to do with the way the pcm uses IAC effective area to calculate airflow. This makes sense to me.

statesman
October 7th, 2018, 05:23 PM
We went through this 2years ago....

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27172-Desired-IAC-airflow-vs-calculated-airflow-rate

Illegal Vette
October 8th, 2018, 12:25 PM
We went through this 2years ago....

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27172-Desired-IAC-airflow-vs-calculated-airflow-rate
Not exactly although it seems that effective area is a factor. I experimented with it back then and in the end returned to the stock settings in that table because it ran better with them. Since then I've gotten pretty close with my idle issues, it doesn't have the idle hang etc. but since the airflows don't match and rafig seems off by the same amount I have to wonder why.

statesman
October 8th, 2018, 09:59 PM
RAFIG only works when your airflows all line up. To get them to line up, you need to adjust your IAC effective area. That's the reason that the table is there... so you can 'tune' the correlation between IAC and airflow. It allows you to correct for changes you make to airflow like when you crack the throttle blade... it's how you re-align your calculated IAC airflow to match the actual airflow.

You'll never get anything useful from RAFIG while the airflows don't line up.