PDA

View Full Version : It's time to buy a Prius when...

GMPX
June 27th, 2006, 03:04 PM
From my local news paper.....

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
June 28th, 2006, 02:02 AM
No Smoke and have to be quiet? Good thing there are no duramax trucks down there, Ross, you would have your tyres Clamped for 3 months.

ToplessTexan
June 28th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Hoon... Hadn't heard that one before. What exactly is "excessive"?

GMPX
June 29th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Well, we were talking about this and here is some scenarios to think about.

1 - Young kid has been caught twice, the next time he looses he's car, meanwhile, he's car is locked down for a few months (as per the article), so he gets a Rental car, gets caught again.....Rental car gets sold.

2 - Same guy, same situation, except this time he decides he is going to take he's dads $100,000 BMW out for a run, gets caught, he's dad looses a BMW!.

3 - Guy driving in a Honda with a coffee can exhaust and Apexi stickers........stuff the warnings, take the car now!!

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
June 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Is that an Acura/Honda RSX in the picture? If so, looks like they found the source of the problem. "...Aimed at drivers going more than 45 km/h over the legal limit..."

Sounds almost as exciting as the night 350+ people were arrested for sitting around a K-Mart parking lot talking about fast cars. I believe that effort was headed up by the judge that didn't know it was illegal to sign her dead mothers name to obtain handicapped parking privileges.