PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T - Where do I start

HellKnightHicks
October 19th, 2018, 01:46 AM
I'm working on a 2014 Chevy Cruze with the 1.4T

I pulled the stock tune and made a couple of changes to it. But I really don't know where to start making any changes for mileage or performance.

Any Guidance would be appreciated.

This ECM is quite different than the LS1-B or that Atlas ECM im more familiar with.

I assume the TCM must be pulled separate or is unaccessable?

ScarabEpic22
October 19th, 2018, 06:45 AM
TCM is T76 and is read separately, pretty similar to the T43 when it comes down to tuning. Use V8 and AutoDetect, it'll tell you whats in the car and car just click the TCM to read it out.

The E78 is basically a E39 without DI capabilities, so it's TQ-based and is tuned differently than LS1/E38/E67s. Biggest thing to start with is upping the Desired TQ limits, if you hit them, regardless of the other tables, the ECM will limit the power to this table.

There are some forum posts on SonicOwnersForum and CruzeTalk that have some info on how to tune these as well. Just start thinking that all you're tuning is the TQ request signal and the ECM is controlling fuel, spark, VVT, boost, AC, and so forth to meet the TQ request.

HellKnightHicks
October 19th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Thanks

Supercharged111
October 21st, 2018, 05:12 AM
I'd start by selling the car. :jump:

HellKnightHicks
October 23rd, 2018, 01:28 AM
I'd start by selling the car. :jump:

Lol its not my car its my Womans.. It does exactly what she needs.

GMPX
October 23rd, 2018, 09:14 AM
Although the comment was funny it was a bit harsh. I had a 2012 1.4T for a year or so (we used it for E78/T76 work), I thought it was a good little car.

joecar
October 24th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Yes, TCM is separate, you have to pull it's flash image separately.

Supercharged111
November 13th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Although the comment was funny it was a bit harsh. I had a 2012 1.4T for a year or so (we used it for E78/T76 work), I thought it was a good little car.

Me and Hicks know each other from other forums, so between the 2 of us it's all good. It was totally irrespective of the platform.

HellKnightHicks
January 2nd, 2019, 03:30 AM
Made a few small changes to the tune for her car. Let me know if I did something stupid or missed something I could do to help out performance and Mileage.22588

a78turbo
March 6th, 2019, 08:18 AM

Check this one for reference if you would like. It is very similar to the one that I am using in my Cruze. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them if I can.

HellKnightHicks
March 6th, 2019, 03:52 PM
I don't see any changes to the commanded Tq in that tune.

Additionally there are some extra tables mine doesn't have.

Looks like your file is for a 2.4L according to the Vin data. The Tq Models are a bit different.
It does have the turbo tables. But according to the Vin doesn't have a Turbo..

ScarabEpic22
March 6th, 2019, 08:07 PM
E78s were never used with the 2.4, GM uses the same engine codes for multiple engines. That's a 2014 Sonic RS 1.4T file.

a78turbo
March 7th, 2019, 05:36 AM
I just verified that the VIN matches the "Cruze Stock Tune_0001.ctz" that you posted above, but I made some changes based on what I have in my tunes. Maybe you need to recheck the tunes you have posted here. I am using the latest V7 software for the tables listed.

HellKnightHicks
March 7th, 2019, 08:20 AM
I must have been comparing it to one of my other tunes by accident. Im sorry about that. It was late when i saw the response.

Went threw it table by table and moved things over. I had gained some level of understanding from reading here and there on the forum. But looking at this tune I can definitally see that my intuition about the Tq response Tables were correct as far as pedal feel goes any way.

I notice some smoothing of the Estimated Compressor speed B7002 table was that just because you like a smooth table or because the stock data was wrong..... Or both?

B7008 Boost Open/Closed Threshold being higher values does that mean the AFR will no be adjusted.... As it enters Closed Loop?

a78turbo
March 7th, 2019, 10:54 AM
I believe the table data on B7002 could be wrong. It has a nasty spike in 2 cells or so. B7008 just tells the ECM when to start predicting what boost will do and be prepared to step in and make adjustments. It activates the PID tables associated with boost.
I have several files to help with tuning and logging I could send. We don't have nearly the tables and scanner PIDS needed to REALLY tune these cars.
We don't have V8's so we get the crumbs of the attention. E78 in the trucks had way more attention to available tables and DMA PIDS. Just my .02