PDA

View Full Version : Multiple problems after '03 Custom OS upgrade on truck

mtnman
June 28th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Has anybody used custom OS 03190003 on an '03 6.0 liter (fairly stock,no supercharger)?

I followed the Custom OS tutorial using a tune file with valid data and a pretty accurate VE table. After adjusting the various table values as instructed in the tutorial, flashed the tun(OS was 03190003) into my 03 2500HD, I went for a drive. First thing I noticed was that the shifts were much harder than they even are during the stock OS VE tune. Second and probably the most terrifying thing was that the truck shook violently when just cruising down the road. It was 3-4 quick jerks in succession.

And lastly, my STFTs were insanely rich (I've previously posted about this topic). If my tune works great for the stock OS and only mods after custom OS were the basic settings covered in the custom OS tutorial, what could be causing these problems?

I checked P0101, P0102, P0103 in the 2 transmission related tables and they're disabled. I tried a tune with stock torque management, trans pressure, torque reduction and shift times and still had the shaking and harsh shifts.

GMPX
June 30th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Well I don't really know what could be going on assuming everything has been setup correctly. When you say shudder, you mean the engine like it was not firing correctly?, trans going crazy?.
I would suggest until some other people can offer some answers to return to your original tune.

Cheers,
Ross

mtnman
June 30th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Yep, returned to stock OS and previous tune. By "shudder" i mean that the truck is going down the road about 30 or 40 mph and does a quick jerk-jerk-jerk. I would think it is the transmission. The whole truck is jerking. Scary as hell.

TAQuickness
June 30th, 2006, 05:14 PM
can you post your before and after tunes (stock COS)?