PDA

View Full Version : Any tips to Tweak VE values?

mtnman
June 28th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I've been going through the AutoVE tune for about 2 weeks now (as well as on previous occasions), I log data in the morning on the way to work, paste and multiply those results into the SD tune(flash the tune), then log data on the way home, and paste and multipy those results into the SD tune. I go through this process for the entire week. The annoying thing is that cells which read perfect (1.00) on one scan, will read lean or rich on the next scan. How can I make these values more consistent? SHould I manually go through each individual cell in the scan which was not 1.00 and paste and multipy that cell into the VE table? Doing the same for other cells.

Or should i be logging data at closer intake air temps? Morning intake temps are 60-75 and afternoon intake temps are 75-85. Is the intake temp causing inconsistencies?

Dirk Diggler
June 28th, 2006, 01:08 AM
These inconsistencies was going to give me OCD but I am pretty sure its slight variances n the weather between the logs which push the BEN's either way. Find a deviation you are acceptable with set it and forget it LOL

mtnman
June 28th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I dont see how some guys are getting their values between 0.95 and 1.00. I always have cells that are 1.01 and 1.02 Some magic process for this? Other than manually adjusting the cell by hand then re-running the scan to see if it's any better (1.00 or less)?

Dirk Diggler
June 28th, 2006, 01:38 AM
I accept +/-2% or .98 to 1.02

mtnman
June 28th, 2006, 04:32 AM
So , are you running each scan at a certain time of the day to try to keep IATs the same?

Dirk Diggler
June 28th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I tune on the load dyno so the temps and stuff doesnt change too much

mtnman
June 28th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Must be nice!

TAQuickness
June 30th, 2006, 05:09 PM
instead of log, flash, log, flash, try log, log, log, log, average, flash.

Happy Jim
July 2nd, 2006, 11:56 PM
instead of log, flash, log, flash, try log, log, log, log, average, flash.

I was thinking the same the other day....but how do you do that?

Jim

TAQuickness
July 3rd, 2006, 01:13 AM
log on 4 different drive cycles, average the results minus the first log (I use excel for this), then use the avereged data to adjust your calibration.