PDA

View Full Version : newbie with start issues 2000 vette

robiwan
June 28th, 2006, 04:15 AM
2K vette, A&A S/C, methanol injection, 42#, etc. Dyno tuned and LT trims are -2% across all cells. Car runs great, have installed WBO2 and AFR looks good also.
Use to start up perfect when cold, stumble starting on hot days. Added check valve in methanol line to fix hot day start, but now all starts stumble to life - not a function of the check valve added. Had issues before check valve. Only starts fine after warm, and within 3 minutes of turning off.
What parameters to scan, what to adjust, any help and advice would be appreciated. Remember, I am just getting started with EFILive. Have version 7, and can take logs, look at stuff, but really don't know what I am doing.
TIA, Robi

dc_justin
June 28th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Could be that your FPR is leaking down pressure. If you turn the key to the on position a couple of times before actually starting it (to let the pump build up pressure) does it act any differently?

robiwan
June 28th, 2006, 05:30 AM
I will give that a try. I do have a fuel pressure and boost gauges on the A pillar, and the FP is always between 52-57.

robiwan
June 29th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Tried to power on/off a bunch to get FP up, but didn't help.

BTW, does anybody know what and where the throttle opening parameter is for cold start and hot starts is?

ringram
June 29th, 2006, 07:10 PM
IAC Parked I believe
You can also look at cranking VE, initial fuel prime, b4304 helped me a lot. After my cam starting was a nightmare, lots of cranking and I had to use the throttle. added air in to b4304 and it was fixed. Some of the other startup airflow tables might be useful too. Have a play in there.

robiwan
June 30th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Thanks Ringram!! I will get into it later next week as it is the 4th of July weekend, and I'll be driving not tuning!!

Regards