PDA

View Full Version : NEED Help E67 standalone for sandrail ALPHA Fab system DBW problem

flinttownchopper
November 17th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Bought Alpha Fab harness and computer for 2008 cobalt 2.2 motor with coil on plug. Everything starts and runs fine until you get on the throttle too fast (I think) it will start to accelerate then loses power and returns to idle. If you baby the throttle by pressing slowly it will accelerate fine, but it doesn't take much for it cut out. Throws P0606 code and if you shut off disconnect battery for a few seconds it will start and run fine again but does same thing.

Back story - contacted Alpha Fab 4 months ago about issue, was told to buy gas pedal matching VIN in ECM (E67) but didn't help. Was also told new ecm was being shipped 10/17, wouldn't respond to emails etc. finally gave tracking # on 11/2 but shows never shipped. Point is I can't get these guys to fix this and i'm stuck

I don't have any tuning knowledge or hardware, so any help or idea of who could help would be appreciated. I'm in Phoenix, AZ area.

LastCall
November 17th, 2018, 06:43 AM
The P0606 is not a good sign.

Are you running the stock MAF?

flinttownchopper
November 17th, 2018, 06:46 AM
No, it is a speed density tune. Intake Air Temp sensor in lieu of MAF

1FastBrick
November 17th, 2018, 10:07 AM
The issue could also be corrupt software. That code is typically the death of the ECU.

I am not familiar with People that made the harness. Are they tuning this or are you working with someone else?

flinttownchopper
November 17th, 2018, 10:14 AM
They supply complete packages of harness, computer & tune for standalone projects such as buggies, polaris slingshots & airboats. Suffice it to say their service at this point stinks. It took me 4 months to get them to send me a new computer which hasn't arrived that they were sending a month ago. Looking for options at this point

https://www.alphafabindustries.com/

1FastBrick
November 17th, 2018, 11:00 AM
So are you tuning it Or someone else?

The only name I have heard when it comes to ECO Tech is CBM in California. I can not attest to there service though. I have never used them.

flinttownchopper
November 17th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Looking to have someone else, I don't think CBM supports this particular motor and I think CBM stuff is sourced from Alpha Fab too. From what I understand the coil on plug 2.2's are not real common. Thanks for the tip though

1FastBrick
November 17th, 2018, 11:42 AM
They Show the 2.2 L61/LE5 on there web page.

From what I know about CBM they typically make alot of their own stuff.

I believe the use Hp Tuners though, Unless its stand alone where they use MEFI. They own MEFI now.

flinttownchopper
November 17th, 2018, 12:13 PM
i'll check it out - thanks

ProperTuningOG
November 19th, 2018, 04:44 PM
You have some options. The P0606, the ecm needs replaced. I've done side work for CBM but I do not know the dealings with alpha. If they do use CBM, Chris from CBM has been in Qatar working on sand cars. If you need a place to go in PHX, look up LetzRollOffroad in Mesa. Andrew the owner has access to EFI Live and HP stuff through me. He is one of my remote shops. Feel free to email me Tuning@team208motorsports.com. Your best bet would be to grab another junk yard ecm but you'll want to tis flash it. I have some extra e67s here.....

flinttownchopper
November 19th, 2018, 06:48 PM
You have some options. The P0606, the ecm needs replaced. I've done side work for CBM but I do not know the dealings with alpha. If they do use CBM, Chris from CBM has been in Qatar working on sand cars. If you need a place to go in PHX, look up LetzRollOffroad in Mesa. Andrew the owner has access to EFI Live and HP stuff through me. He is one of my remote shops. Feel free to email me Tuning@team208motorsports.com. Your best bet would be to grab another junk yard ecm but you'll want to tis flash it. I have some extra e67s here.....

Email sent