PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Tip-in enrichment

Draco
June 29th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Hi there,

Would it be possible to add a feature like this: At WOT tip-in (say, TPS > then specified percentage), multiply VE by a specified amount. THen have this multiplier ramp down at a specified rate. I.e., at 80% or higher TPS, multiply VE by 1.20. ramp down to 1.00 in 0.75 seconds.

I ask because with my SD 2 bar methanol setup, there is about a 1 second delay before the pressure builds and the meth sprays with any force. My wideband reads lean during this time. I could richen up the VE tables, but then by the time the methanol is spraying, it's far too rich. I'd like to add enrichment to the mixture only at tip-in to combat knock, and have it ramp out by the time the meth is spraying fully. This could also be useful for nitrous guys or anyone running forced induction for that matter.

Does anyone have any bright ideas using the existing COS #3 on how to accomplish this?

ringram
June 29th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Have you had a look at follower, it has a decay and tip in rates etc, designed for off idle throttle smoothing? Or use COS5 with TPS VE set to command whatever AFR you want, trigger on rpm, map or tps.

Draco
June 29th, 2006, 03:18 PM
THanks for the response

as far as I can tell, TPS tuning will have the same problem - once the methanol kicks in at WOT, it will go too rich. I only want the extra fuel for about 1 second after tipping in.

Isn't the throttle follower for idle and transition tuning? WHen I go WOT, I'm usually at around 3000-4000 RPM so not sure if the throttle follower can be used for this sort of tuning - please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks again!

Craig

ringram
June 29th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Follower works up to 100% TPS and 80MPH so if you can define whats up at these points you can get extra fuel & air and decay out. If you just want extra enrichment (not air) which decays then yes I think you might not have the capability as yet.

GMPX
June 30th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Delco has been on me for this too :) , just keep yelling at me.....

Cheers,
Ross

Draco
June 30th, 2006, 06:44 AM
I'll mess around with the follower and see if I can make it work... but I definitely need a big spike in fueling (and not air, the blower takes care of the air hehe).

As for the tip-in enrichment, it would be great if it could work like the after-start enrichment - except have it triggered off a TPS threshold instead of engine startup.

Thanks again,

Craig