PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Lml Runs right after starting twice.

DieselDan66
December 19th, 2018, 07:45 AM
So in a nut shell I am having issues with my truck having boost issue. I seem to have about 10psi while at light load like 10% or less throttle this will happen for miles and miles unless I give it more than 10% throttle or let off completely.

HOWEVER if I shut the truck off and restart it within 15 or so seconds everything is fine. Once I shut it off and let it sit longer than 15 seconds and restart it’s back to running weird.

Any ideas someone could offer ?

Iv been trying tons of tune revisions from Ppei with no change. I have to “double start” all of them to get it to run right.

Should I try a new ECM ? New tuning company?

Thanks for your help or any advice![

Sickll7crenshaw
December 19th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Have you sent a log to PPEI so they can further help you diag the issue? Any codes?

Road
December 19th, 2018, 03:32 PM
So in a nut shell I am having issues with my truck having boost issue. I seem to have about 10psi while at light load like 10% or less throttle this will happen for miles and miles unless I give it more than 10% throttle or let off completely.

HOWEVER if I shut the truck off and restart it within 15 or so seconds everything is fine. Once I shut it off and let it sit longer than 15 seconds and restart it’s back to running weird.

Any ideas someone could offer ?

Iv been trying tons of tune revisions from Ppei with no change. I have to “double start” all of them to get it to run right.

Should I try a new ECM ? New tuning company?

Thanks for your help or any advice![

I recommend flashing a exact correct stock file to determine and diagnosis the issue.

DieselDan66
December 19th, 2018, 08:48 PM
I have sent several logs to Ppei. They keep sending me adjusted tunes, that load into the ecm and work to a point but still have the boost issue regardless of tune. However again if I start the truck and shut it off than immediately restart it it’s fine and it works. All the tunes I have work and load but the boost problems always occurs unless I “ double start” the truck.

PPEI has sent me a factory file. I am deleted do they turned off certain codes. However everything else is untouched. And again same issue.

What do you mean by exact correct file ? How can I tell if what Ppei gave me is it ?

What is funny is that if I crank the truck and don’t start it than recrank it and start it up it doesn’t work.
Also if i start the truck and only let it run 5-10 seconds and shut it off and restart it, it doesn’t work.
To make the truck run right and resolve the boost issue I have to start the truck run it for 1-2 mins shut it off and restart it withing 15 or so seconds. It almost makes me think I have an issue with voltage. Like I have to let the alternator kick on or something to bring up the voltage and make the ecm work.

What is strange is sometimes I can start the truck run it for an hour then turn off the truck and I am able to restart the truck about a minute later and it works. But if I leave it overnight or I am constantly doing short trips turning the truck off and on, I only have about a 15 second window every shut off to restart it and get it to run normal.

I had my battery tested the passenger side is 730 cca it tested 530 cca with 12.6v
The driver side tested 720cca 12.7.
I swapped the batteries as a test no change.
Alternator tested fine.

Could the ecm be gone ?
Think I should replace my batteries ?
Does the ecm require a certain amount of startup voltage to run file correctly ?
Maybe the higher alternator voltage opens up the ecm allowing it to communicate better.

Any ideas or advice I will try and or be thankful for !!!!!

DieselDan66
December 19th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Have you sent a log to PPEI so they can further help you diag the issue? Any codes?

No codes yes and I am on my 10-12th tune revision they all work and I notice what they change but the problem persists until I double start the truck. See above the big post I wrote it has some more detail that may help someone figure this out who has more experience than me.

Thanks for replying to my post not a lot of people have.

DieselDan66
December 19th, 2018, 11:07 PM
I recommend flashing a exact correct stock file to determine and diagnosis the issue.

Ppei gave me some stock files. I am deleted though. So they turned off some stuff so it would run but they said the actual tune is stock factory file. How do I tell what kind of file I have. I have an autocal.

Here is a pic of the back of my ecm I pulled it and checked all the prongs none loose.

My ecm is labeled 12660134

Road
December 19th, 2018, 11:48 PM
I have sent several logs to Ppei. They keep sending me adjusted tunes, that load into the ecm and work to a point but still have the boost issue regardless of tune. However again if I start the truck and shut it off than immediately restart it it’s fine and it works. All the tunes I have work and load but the boost problems always occurs unless I “ double start” the truck.

PPEI has sent me a factory file. I am deleted do they turned off certain codes. However everything else is untouched. And again same issue.

What do you mean by exact correct file ? How can I tell if what Ppei gave me is it ?

What is funny is that if I crank the truck and don’t start it than recrank it and start it up it doesn’t work.
Also if i start the truck and only let it run 5-10 seconds and shut it off and restart it, it doesn’t work.
To make the truck run right and resolve the boost issue I have to start the truck run it for 1-2 mins shut it off and restart it withing 15 or so seconds. It almost makes me think I have an issue with voltage. Like I have to let the alternator kick on or something to bring up the voltage and make the ecm work.

What is strange is sometimes I can start the truck run it for an hour then turn off the truck and I am able to restart the truck about a minute later and it works. But if I leave it overnight or I am constantly doing short trips turning the truck off and on, I only have about a 15 second window every shut off to restart it and get it to run normal.

I had my battery tested the passenger side is 730 cca it tested 530 cca with 12.6v
The driver side tested 720cca 12.7.
I swapped the batteries as a test no change.
Alternator tested fine.

Could the ecm be gone ?
Think I should replace my batteries ?
Does the ecm require a certain amount of startup voltage to run file correctly ?
Maybe the higher alternator voltage opens up the ecm allowing it to communicate better.

Any ideas or advice I will try and or be thankful for !!!!!

Definitely sound as if something is not powering up correctly. Check all your fuses maybe even switch the relay's around, check all connections, make sure there is nothing added in like a pedal sensitivity booster module, etc. Check the turbo position sensor real good. Maybe PPEI can refer to repair shop that is experienced it vehicle's with mods like yours.

Mitco39
December 21st, 2018, 08:34 AM
And make 110% sure that the stock file supplied is indeed the stock file for the truck (match the segments etc) as the issue might be with the base that will carry into the stock file if they supplied you that base in a stock form, just to cover your bases.