PDA

View Full Version : Tony Bushman you do not accept PMs.

Ghostman
December 21st, 2018, 06:14 AM
Here is my response to your PM.

Hey Ghostman, I was reading up on your thread about a single event tune and you seem like you know what youre talking about and maybe you can help me out. Im working out of hptuners but it is the same basic tables. I ran into the issue where with no pilot in cold start temp. it stutters and bucks with white smoke and I would like to just get it so I have pilot during warm up period but once I hit 150F it turns off. Also I would want to run more timing, I had it around 5* at idle and no more timing during normal cruise but after reading a little bit I see people just add crazy amounts so I looked of a table and made a majority of my table 5* including idle. So my question is will the timing throughout my whole table be necessary for a no pilot tune and also to set up the warm up pilot event do I just set my my pilot quantity to zero and set my ECT multiplier to drop off at 150F?

Thanks in advance,
-Tony

Tony, I never tried basing the pilot timing off temp I always did it off RPM. But I would say you could try doing it off rom first and that should help on your starts. I haven

Tony Bushmin
December 21st, 2018, 12:07 PM
Here is my response to your PM.

Tony, I never tried basing the pilot timing off temp I always did it off RPM. But I would say you could try doing it off rom first and that should help on your starts. I haven

Haha the forum was acting up yesterday I was debating whether you even got my message haha. I am just trying to set it so it shuts off after a certain ect. I do not know what a rom is either

2007 5.9
December 22nd, 2018, 06:57 AM
Cold starts with a single event tune are possible with the right amount of timing

Ghostman
December 22nd, 2018, 01:25 PM
Sorry typo. Meant rpm.

And yes cold starts are possible. From 2002 and down we did cold starts on a single event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Bushmin
December 24th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Cold starts with a single event tune are possible with the right amount of timing

How much timing are we talking? I feel as if I can only push it so hard until I get timing rattle and I feel weird really even having them so high at idle. I like the way my single event tune is now but im worried that I may be loosing in one way, shape, or even form.

My timing map sorta stays from like 8-6 at idle to cruise and im not sure if that is right. Any tips? (Plus i never added any more duration to my main event)

Ghostman
December 26th, 2018, 11:50 AM
How much timing are we talking? I feel as if I can only push it so hard until I get timing rattle and I feel weird really even having them so high at idle. I like the way my single event tune is now but im worried that I may be loosing in one way, shape, or even form.

My timing map sorta stays from like 8-6 at idle to cruise and im not sure if that is right. Any tips? (Plus i never added any more duration to my main event)

Well I know you didn

Ghostman
December 26th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Well I know you did not ask me but I will throw in my two cents anyways. If you

Tony Bushmin
December 26th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Well I know you did not ask me but I will throw in my two cents anyways. If you

Of course Ghostman, I mean this was orginally a question towards you and I am open to any and all help being that I am a novice in the tuning community.

Tony Bushmin
December 26th, 2018, 01:54 PM
I just redid my no post tune and added 7% to my main pw table. Planning to try the same with my pilot but I am going to start slow. I cut my pilot by 25% and I want to figure out how much more fuel I need and then compensate with more timing at the same time. I dont really know how to do timing though so I plan on adjusting my fuel then using a timing calculator then advancing my timing more and more. My question is first, is this okay to do this way or is there a better way? Second, how much timing do I need.

Also I thought about what 2007 5.9 said

yes cold starts are possible. From 2002 and down we did cold starts on a single event.
and this is true but I cant see a second gen pushing that much more timing over a stock cr, idk maybe ive never logged one, but they definently have more fuel and timing I'd assume

Ghostman
December 26th, 2018, 11:34 PM
Of course Ghostman, I mean this was orginally a question towards you and I am open to any and all help being that I am a novice in the tuning community.

Couldn

Ghostman
December 27th, 2018, 06:38 AM
I'll try this one more time. The dang forum keeps cutting off my replys for some reason. What I was saying is your leaving a lot of efficiency and power on the table with your timing that low. If the timing is right it will have a little rattle to it. The best way I think though is to keep the pilot from idle to about 1000 rpm so it is quiet when your idling in drive thru etc. Then go to single event tune afterwards if you want. I ran a tune like that for a while and then changed it to keep pilot until around 2500 rpm and cut off because my wife said it was too loud when she drove it with the old tune lol. That's atleaset how I do it and what I think. You will probably get tons of different opinions on this. I came from p7100s and vp trucks to the CR truck so running timing or having rattle was all normal for me. Sometimes it seems like if all you've ever known is just a CR truck with pilot the minute you hear the rattle it freaks you out.

Tony Bushmin
December 27th, 2018, 09:12 AM
I'll try this one more time. The dang forum keeps cutting off my replys for some reason. What I was saying is your leaving a lot of efficiency and power on the table with your timing that low. If the timing is right it will have a little rattle to it. The best way I think though is to keep the pilot from idle to about 1000 rpm so it is quiet when your idling in drive thru etc. Then go to single event tune afterwards if you want. I ran a tune like that for a while and then changed it to keep pilot until around 2500 rpm and cut off because my wife said it was too loud when she drove it with the old tune lol. That's atleaset how I do it and what I think. You will probably get tons of different opinions on this. I came from p7100s and vp trucks to the CR truck so running timing or having rattle was all normal for me. Sometimes it seems like if all you've ever known is just a CR truck with pilot the minute you hear the rattle it freaks you out.

I like the sound of the single event. I think it sounds like the 12 valves and 2nd gen trucks. What can I do about the timing to get it where I need it. I dont really know how to make a timing table. What timing should I start with and what do I look for when adjusting at idle and at rpm?

Tony Bushmin
December 28th, 2018, 04:35 AM
I like the sound of the tune and I am really just playing around with it. What would you say the best way to time it properly. Just advance it until it sounds right and go from there?

Ghostman
December 28th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Stupid forum

Ghostman
December 28th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Let me try this again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostman
December 28th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Tapatalk isn

Tony Bushmin
December 28th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Tapatalk isn

What would you do then. I need help with this I dont know what to do and my biggest question is timing!