PDA

View Full Version : Positive Ltrims In Cell 22

BowlingSS
March 10th, 2005, 04:42 AM
I have negative Ltrims everywhere except Cell 22. This happened after a Cam Install (233/233 595/595) and a pulley. I have always used the IFR table for Ltrims but the more I read the more I see people using the Main VE Table. I am about 2% positive in cell 22. Which way should I change the VE Table? I think I need to increase the numbers. Is that correct? I want to get my Ltrims in line before I do too much tuning on the rest.

I tried changing the VE table in the 400/800/1200 columns to help my idling/surging problems but it made it worst. I just changed them back to stock. I tried the NoGo tuning on the idling part. I think it works better
using the set screw method but I am still trying things.

I really like the new FlashScan software for tuning. It sure beats Edit.
Bill

wait4me
March 10th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Hey bill, Have you given the computer the ability to learn more on the idle proportinal tables? there is a max learn and on some years it is only set to .5 that doesnt give the computer very much room for correction, if you set it to 4.5 then it can learn alot more. and smooths out alot of issues with big cams. Its in the idle perameters tab on efi, just change all the numbers for IDLE LEARN higher. if they are negitive make them more negitive, but dont go over 4 or -4 Then you will notice the more you drive the car the better it gets,
also for you cam,, your ve needs to be 50% 66% 78% 90% and the running airflow add 2 all the way accross, and the idle air control needs to be this
40.72 34.55 28.38 25.92 23.45 17.28 12.34 11.1 11.1 11.1
and the iac park position needs to be 180. Try it and see how much smoother you will be. All other things can be stock. Should be nice and smooth with no surging no matter how big the cam. If you want me to just set it up for you. just send your bin to jessebubb@yahoo.com.

BowlingSS
March 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the help wait4me. I sent you my .bin.

Bill
:D

wait4me
March 10th, 2005, 03:02 PM
sent you a file back :)

BowlingSS
March 11th, 2005, 02:35 AM
What mods do you have on your car wait4me? I know you have a M6 but what cam ,etc are you running. I was just wondering how close your tune might be to mine. Do you think your timing table will work on my car?
Thanks again.
Bill

wait4me
March 11th, 2005, 02:22 PM
lol, my specs.. well
custom made to my spec internals including..
404 stoker rotating assembly
custom made TITANIUM rods,
custom crank special ordered from callies.
Ross pistons made for superlightweight Heavy nitrous use..
an aluminum 4 in bore weird ls1 block i got from a guy in the industry:)
looks like an ls6 but a bigger bore than stock??..??? :))
a 622 lift 244 duration cam,
stage 3 heads 2.08 1.6 with comp springs, and sodium filled intake, and rev lightweight exhaust valeves. comp full adjustable roller rockers, hardend pushrods, Comp r lifters,
a custom made 300, yes :) 300 shot of nitrous. but soon "this weekend hopefully" will be an f1 ati procharger with hopefully 15lbs of boost.
For the transmission, i went with a viper 6 speed, with a spec stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel. and a mosier 373 rearend..
:) its a crazy crazy car off the juice. but its VERY Scary with the juice. The crappy thing is i have a All out full drag race suspension and it doesnt hook no matter what i do.. :) Ohh well, its a fun car to drive. ohh yah, its a daily driver, and gets EXCELLENT gas milage :) jes

BowlingSS
March 11th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I copied everything over and flashed the PCM. I started it up. It had a hard time trying to find idle in Park. I let it come up to temp. Hooked up the PC and turned on the log. When I put it in R it surged up and down. When I was just cruising it would go into cruise mode around 1500-1600. Also around 1200-1500 rpm it would jerk some but it was doing this before. I also noticed a large amount of gas coming out the exhaust. Do I just need to run it more to learn all the changes? I also still have the TB screw out a few turns. It also wants to idle to almost a stall but finds the idle after a few.

Thanks for your help wait4me.
Bill

wait4me
March 11th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Is your throttle body out too much? does the tps read 0 at idle? are you using the factory unmodified throttlebody? the idle air control motor is having an issue keeping up, maybe putting the idle park position back to 310 on your vehicle would fix it all. hmm, you used the ve table and the timing tables?

BowlingSS
March 11th, 2005, 02:57 PM
TPS does read 0% or 0.4%. I have a self ported stock TB. I did use the VE and timing table and all the idle. I will put the idle park position back to 310 and try it in the morning.
Thanks.

Bill

BowlingSS
March 17th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Still having problems getting this baby tuned.

BowlingSS

deezel
March 17th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Have you adjusted the "Idle Airflow", "Idle Airflow Parked", or "Throttle Cracker" tables? (everything less than 9.0 set equal to 9.0 for starters)

These have been helpful to some folks with idle problems.

As for the cell 22 positive fuel trims. You can increase the values in your main VE table (map>75 and rpm>3000 or so) to bring the fuel trims down. Positive 2% trims is not a bad thing. Anything from -4% to +2% is pretty good. If you have a wideband you could set your desired AFR under load instead of using fuel trims as a guide.

Good luck. Hope I mentioned something helpful.
:)